Chapter 74: Explaining

After the screaming, black tornado died down hours later, I walked across the carbon-covered ground. Blink following me as I also summoned my air guardian to keep the air fresh for us to breath by blowing away the carbon in the air.

I saw the freak on his back, once again his body is freshly regenerated, destroyed from his tantrum. And once again, he reminded me of a dead blonde.

"Feel any better?" I asked sarcastically, the barely visible gust of wind generated by my air guardian blew the carbon dust away from me as it poured out of his body.

He just groaned, placing his hands on his eyes; covering them. "How could I be so dumb?"

"Because you never thought your plan through." I stated coldly. "Let's start where you went wrong: why did you cripple Axel?"

"To pressure Jesse into leaving Bailey," He answered sitting up, deflated blue-white eyes looking at me. Filled with embarrassment. "Add that on with the fact that none of them can beat me in a fight, and they're at a disadvantage since I severely injured one of your brother's friends."

"Then why didn't you cripple someone who is more of a threat?" I criticized. "Axel took the blow, but I know you were after Olivia."

"Who else would be a better target?" He questioned, being defensive. I killed enough people to instantly recognize that type of tone. "I couldn't attack your brother."

"Literally, anyone else besides Axel and Olivia would have been better!" I snapped, patience thin as my rise in volume made him flinch. "Axel is a close-range fighter, and Olivia is nothing without her redstone. Petra on the other hand, would have been a better target, and if you actually did this, her fire clone of Bailey wouldn't have fooled you in the first place!"

"I just needed someone injured to pressure Jesse into leaving Bailey behind." He argued. "I didn't think it would matter who I hurt with my scythe."

"But if you effortlessly made your scythe flank them from behind without them noticing, then why didn't you just kill Bailey?" I pointed out. "It would been so easy if you didn't mention your scythe to them!"

"...I was just trying to make you proud of me," He whispered hesitantly, who wouldn't if your so-called 'perfect' plan had major flaw in it? "I wanted to try and be like Lukas-"

"No... Lukas died a long time ago," I interrupted, tired of this repeated argument. "You're just a freak trying to avenge him while trying to become him. You don't even know what kind of a person he was: someone I actually tolerated and had little respect for."

"...What was he like?" He hesitantly asked.

"Lukas was somewhat like me: a genius among a world of idiots." I described. "Everyone else was too slow to catch up to him, but he purposely slowed down."

"That was his flaw: he was simply kind... too kind." I shook my head. "It wasn't the type of kindness that everyone appreciated, it was the type of kindness that everyone took advantage of." I should know, I used to be like that.

"What made him smart?" the cloaked man asked, focused on my words of a dead blonde.

"He actually fought smarter, not harder." I continued. "Lukas was smart enough to realize that just because you have high levels, teamwork, or motivation, you wouldn't automatically win."

"Lukas was humble, never having that attitude where you feel like a god, and can do whatever you want just because you have magic." I met too many people who acted like that, Lukas was one of the few that didn't. "He was smart to leave the Ocelots, who were honestly holding him back; using common sense when he encountered me."