Chapter 47: Appearance

"And I'm tired of ignorant trash like you..." Lukas growled, and fired the glowing spear. An instant later it shattered the potion mid-air and shot through Isaac, impaled him, and firmly planted into the burnt grass.

It was then the spear that impaled Isaac started to glow, and every spear that Lukas fired started to shake, and then every spear in the battlefield flew up in a graceful arc before slamming into Isaac's body.

A second later there was a scream, and the sickening splat of a dead body. Lukas stared at the pincushion formerly known as Isaac as he stood casually in the forest fire.

Isaac disappeared in a puff of smoke, respawning as Lukas grabbed all of his bloody spears and placed them back in his quiver.

He won.

Already, his armor started to heal his wounds as he casually sat down on the burnt ground; waiting for the announcer to arrive.

When he did, and announced Lukas the winner as the stunned crowd hesitantly clapped for his victory. He teleported Lukas to the competitor box, and everyone gave him a look, but he didn't care.

If it was one thing he learned from Jess, it's that people's opinions of you don't matter because that's all they are: opinions. In another way of saying it: "Stupid words that are empty as they are pointless."

So Lukas stood by himself, watching the large battlefield change into a desert, and erasing the damage he and Isaac caused.

Meanwhile, Gill was filled with rage. He wanted to confront Lukas about his lack of empathy for Maya's death, and that how he's so damn casual about it!

But Lukas wouldn't care, in fact, he would just counter Gill's rage by pointing out the fact that he and Aiden lied about what happened in the Twilight Forest; bad-mouthing him behind his back.

So he did what all bad friends do: sulk and blame. Sulking because he lost his friends, who are practically family in all but blood. Blaming because he thinks that its Jess's fault. That's partly true, but he failed to realize that he, Aiden, and Maya, started all of this.

Who's fault is it? The bomb that killed people, or the person who set it off?

The announcer started talking. "And for our next match," he pulled down a floating name from above. "Gill, versus..." he pulled down another. "Lukas!"

The crowd erupted into cheers, eager to see the fight and drama unfold before them. But then Lukas pulled out a slip of paper from his inventory.

It flashed for a brief second, words appearing as he quickly read it before tearing it in half. The torn pieces combusted and turned into ash. "Tell them I forfeit." He said as he walked towards the teleporting rune. "I'm done here."

Jess just sent him a message, and told him to quit the Tournament. Maybe if he was selected to fight Jesse's team, weaken them, then he could stay longer, but he was unlucky to fight against the person he's supposed to aid.

Oh well, it doesn't matter to Lukas. He's getting paid, and now he can finally be done with seeing his former friend, and everyone else.

"Lukas wait," Said Jesse, but Lukas ignored him. "I know my sister sent you to help Gill reach the finals, but there's something I need to know."

Now that got his attention. He stopped for a brief moment to glance over his shoulder to stare at the man who blamed him for three years. "If it's about her location, I don't know."

"No, I know she wouldn't give away that kind of knowledge. I just want to know what is she like?" Jesse asked. "What kind of person my sister has become now?"