Chapter 77: Clockwork Part 2

Two more weeks later...

It has been a month total since Jesse's group arrived at the Clockwork Fortress. In that time, Axel's wound has finally healed. Magic can do wonderful things.

He can feel his arm again, no longer having the dire option of amputation. So Axel finally got better, only for him to slave away like Jesse and Olivia.

Axel just helps Jesse in the mines deep below the fortress. Bailey had gotten work too as she makes potion after potion. Stocking up for the soldiers, not for the desperate refugee's begging for help.

Olivia had finally placed the redstone turrets all around the top of fortress' wall, the same things she used at the Tournament: three dispensers on a metal rod that shoots arrows.

Even though each of their work is different, it's all for the same thing: preparing for the assault on the Clockwork Fortress. But the mystery remains, who is the cloaked man? Why does he want to kill everyone under the command of the Clockwork Fortress?

Well, PAMA knows why. The meatbag it is controlling is standing on the flat top of a cliff, looking at the Clockwork Fortress from 200 blocks away.

It's easy since PAMA created a metal exoskeleton, completely covering the female meatbag's body. The helmet encases her head in metal, except the back where her blonde hair flows out, and covering her face as PAMA created lenses in the eyeholes to zoom in so it can spy on things from a distance. PAMA went that extra step to have runes containing the skill [Mana Vision], provided by his master, to gather more data.

It started snowing harder as a harsh wind blew, making the female meatbag's blonde hair fanned out behind her with the wind.

"Who knew spying is so easy?" A dead voice coming from being PAMA. The computer-possessed female turned around to look at the freak.

But about fifty blocks away, a massive swarm of undead monsters is approaching from behind. Hundreds in total due to a month of slowly gathering the undead monsters to follow him.

"Indeed, it is." PAMA acknowledged. The voice of the female at a higher pitch with static mixed in. "Soon everything shall fall into place,"

"And the slaughter can start." The freak finished, but then looked at PAMA. His dead eyes stared at PAMA's red-possessed eyes glowing through the metal-encased head. "So is everyone here?"

"Almost," PAMA reported as it looked back at the fortress, specifically at the redstone turrets Olivia had placed all across the top the building. "One of our comrades is already inside the fortress, and we are still waiting for one more meatbag."

"So we just wait?" asked the motherless abomination, making sure the black dust pouring out of him doesn't go near PAMA's body. It's too valuable to lose.

"We prepare." Stated PAMA as it walked back, the freak following it as PAMA walked towards the undead monsters attracted to the Alluring Skull.

PAMA then pulled out a two chests from the inventory of the female it is controlling. One containing redstone chips, the other containing golem parts.

Its exoskeleton-covered hand opened one of the chests, revealing tiny, redstone chips. "I managed to reduce the size while I my master made me mass-produce the chips."

"That's more than enough for the undead monsters," Observed the freak, willing the carbon to form a wall in front of them to block the arrows from the approaching skeletons.

"Who said these are only for the monsters?" Asked PAMA, willing the redstone chips to protrude needle-thin, spider-like metal legs as the crawled out of the chest, around the carbon wall, and to the undead monsters. "I plan to assimilate more people into my network."