Chapter 84: Clockwork Part 9

Chai POV

Chai stripped Bailey's corpse naked. She torn and removed the blood-soaked, yellow garment that covered Bailey's chest while removing her soiled pants and underwear.

She then grabbed Bailey's severed head, tying the brown, bloodstained hair around her waist like a belt. After double-checking that she has everything she needs, resting her cleaver on her shoulder, and following Jess' instructions down to the letter, she then pulled out her Potion of Teleportation.

But at that moment, the one enemy that kills so many have surfaced: curiosity. Before Chai drank the potion, she looked closely at the obsidian room she's in.

Putting the Potion of Teleportation away, she walked really close to the dark material. She saw that these were not individual blocks of obsidian, but one hollowed structure.

Chai then Scribed the material. "What is this stuff?" she whispered to herself.

[???] Level ???

Class: ???

Title: ???

At that moment, the room moved. Chai braced herself as the room violently shook, rising deep from underground.

----------

Everyone was stunned; silence was in the air as the snowflakes glide along with the harsh breeze of cold air, except of Raven, as she didn't know who Lisa is.

"Y-You...?" Jesse choked; tears slowly flowed out of his eyes.

"Hello beloved," Lisa greeted gently, walking towards a trembling Jesse. "I've missed you so much."

"Wait... Lisa?" Petra questioned, still blind yet able to recognize the voice. "She's here?"

"PAMA is controlling her," Olivia revealed. "Jesse, I know it's hard, but don't fall for it; PAMA is tricking you!"

"Don't listen to them, honey," Lisa whispered gently as the chains of white fire that wraps everyone else continued to siphon out their Mana. "They abandoned me, remember?"

"Jesse, that's not true!" Petra protested. "She stayed behind so we could escape the undead monsters that were swarming the destroyed town."

"Why did you abandon me, husband?" Lisa continued while the metal that covers her hands unfolded as she placed them on Jesse face, already streaming with tears. "Why do you hate me so much?"

Jesse was crying. He found sanctuary in Lisa's blue eyes as they gave off the sense of gentle comfort and love. Yet those eyes gave off an aura of sadness and pain. "Was I not important to you?"

"Lisa I-!" Jesse cried, choking on his own words. "I tried and-"

"No... you didn't," Lisa whispered, sadness clear in her tone. "Am I nothing more than a disposable tool?"

"No," Jesse sobbed. "I love you, I love our family, our daughter!"

"Then why did you not come and find me?" Lisa looked directly at Jesse, tears started to leak out of her eyes as she pulled her hands back. "I spent weeks in captivity, tortured and violated... why did you forget me?"

Petra started to thrash. "PAMA, stop it!"

"Would it have been better if I was never found?" Lisa asked, ignoring the redhead, making Jesse tremble in silence. "You seemed happier without me..."

SMACK-!

Lisa punched Jesse in the face, causing both eyes to widen in pain as he finally stopped crying. His eyes looked at Lisa; stunned. "Lisa...?" he whispered as the cold wind gently blew.