Chapter 43: Order

Jess looked back at the transformed Templar, the one who suddenly mutated and started all of this bloodshed. "Tell Cassie to get ready. It's almost time to start the plan."

And with that command, the mutated Templar gabbed her deformed head, and twisted it into an unnatural angle as a CRACK! echoed through the crystal chamber.

Jess watched the body drop to the floor as she grabbed the contents of the vault, and walked away. Stepping on Jeff's glasses on her way out.

----------

Winslow woke up as he let out a yawn before stretching. Hopping off of his owner's lap before sitting down in front of her.

Cassie looked at her loyal pet. "Yes?" she asked as he replied silently.

"..."

"Really?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't believe you could actually do it."

"..."

"Well, that does make sense." She shrugged. "Anything else?"

"..."

"Well, if she says so." Said Cassie as she stood up. "Save my seat for me."

"..."

"Of course I'll bring you something~!" she said, petting Winslow. And with that, she walked down the many stairs that lead to the exit of the coliseum as her pet sat on her seat.

----------

"Commander, target is on the move!" Reported a Templar, rushing in and then kneeling in front of Lisa. "I repeat, target is on the move!"

"Send out the scouts." She ordered. "Follow, observe, and-"

They both noticed a black butterfly gently land on her shoulder. Its wings flapping slowly, and eventually stopped as if it reached the limit of its lifespan.

"Jeff?"

The butterfly turned into black mist. Tiny streams of it coiled around her head, as with the Templar kneeling before her.

Information was quick, but clear as glass. 'The Astrolabe Vault has been breached.'

"Damn it!" she swore, stomping her foot in frustration as she created a large crack.

"Commander, what do we do?!" frantically said the Templar, no longer kneeling.

"I'll go." Said Lisa. "Rally the troops at HQ, and send them to the vault." she said as she walked out.

"What about the girl?" asked the Templar, following her out.

"Forget her," said Lisa as they exited the coliseum. "Send a small scouting party, observe, follow, and do not engage."

And with that the Templar rushed towards the Templar headquarters, telling them the news of the breach. About ten minutes later they are finally done with the preparations to reach the secret location of the Astrolabe Vault.

A portal appeared as dozens of Templars rushed through to see the carnage before them. Lisa was alone, with shock and horror on her face as she stood alone inside the empty Astrolabe Vault.

Some were angry, others grieving over their fallen allies, and a few threw up as they saw the mutated Templar; black tar still dripping from her eyes like tears.

"Commander," said a Templar, stepping forward, attracting everyone's attention, and afraid of Lisa's superiority. "I know this a lot to ask... but what the hell was inside the vault?! What could be so important that someone would do all of this?!" he gestured to the surrounding destruction.