Chapter 7: Countdown Part 2

Aiden let out a frustrated growl as he walked across the cobblestone bridge, over the lake of lava, before throwing the nether brick into the lava lake below. "I can't believe this whole place has been picked clean!" he shouted into the air.

"Aiden, please be quiet." Sternly said Maya, disappointed as well. "The last thing we need is another swarm of hostile nether mobs chasing after us."

Aiden gave her a glare, one that made her slightly flinch. "I know what we need!" he shouted into the air of the barren nether fortress. "We need rare items to beat Jesse and his stupid Order of the Pig~." He said that last part mockingly. "Such a stupid name."

It was then Lukas and Gill walked out across the bridge, disappointed that they came out empty-handed, to meet the other Ocelot members. "I told you Aiden, there is nothing here. Someone was already picked this place clean." Said Lukas.

Aiden gave him a glare, but Lukas was unaffected as he walked pass his friend, Maya and Gill following suit. "Fine!" Aiden shouted as he followed, grumbling under his breath.

No one said anything for a few minutes until Gill broke the silence. "...So, why are we spending our free time in the Nether?" he asked.

Maya turned to her friend. "We need better items for the Building Competition to beat Jesse and his Order of the Losers." insulted Maya, to which everyone, except Lukas, laughed.

"Besides that," said Maya. "Normally the competition is usually once a year, like Endercon." She said as they walked to another nether fortress in the far, far distance.

Lukas continued. "But another competition is going to hosted in about 6 days. Except in the place here Endercon is usually at. They decided to do another one because Soren the Architect himself will be the judge!" he said excitedly.

"The best part is that the prize is the 5 large chests full of precious materials he donated!" Aiden said with excitement.

"Really?!" Gill asked surprised. "Hold on, isn't there a war going on?"

Maya's grin melted off her face with that comment. "Way to ruin the mood Gill. Yes, apparently the Kingdom in the Sand is preparing to fight against the Kingdom of the Ocean."

"Why?" he asked.

"Apparently the Kingdom of the Sand's king was killed along with the stationed royal guards. Not only that, the entire castle was looted, and discovered evidence of slavery." Said Lukas, shaking in disgust at that last part.

"C'mon Gill, we told you all of this before we left." Aiden said, frustrated at his friend.

"No, Lukas told me that you stormed off into the Nether and we had to make sure you don't get yourself killed." He said defensively.

Aiden let out a sigh. "...Fine, I'm sorry. I just hate how Jesse and his crew are such jerks! Acting like they're unbeatable." He grumbled.

How ironic, is it not?

"In all fairness," Lukas said, everyone turning to him. "We weren't exactly humble winners either."

"Oh please Lukas." Maya said, waving him off. "We were just having fun, joking around-Agh!" she fell on the ground, holding her sides in pain. Immediately, Gill rushed to her side, comforting her as he pulled out a dark purple potion.

"Here," he said pressing the potion against her lips, helping her drink. "You need to take your medicine." He whispered, comforting her.

Maya was like this now, in constant pain. He only means of escaping this pain is drinking a potion, which is basically a combination of a Potion of Regeneration and a Potion of Strength, twice a day. But it isn't easy supplying two per day, they're expensive considering how difficult it is to get them.