Chapter 12: End Part 1

"Oh crud, Oh crud, Oh crud, Oh crud, Oh crud, Oh crud-!" Jess shouted repeatedly as the Ender Dragon chased her across the End. She jumped onto the end stone just in time for the Ender Dragon to fly over her.

When she got up from the ground, she saw the Ender Dragon in the distance, circling back towards her. She started to turn around and run, but saw a horde of endermen advancing towards her.

Using [Battlefield], she saw the dragon coming from behind her, and ducked just in time as the Ender Dragon flew over her with such unnatural speed.

When the beast flew away, she saw the endermen stand unnaturally still, doing nothing as she stared into their eyes.

It was then a horizontal, thin line started to form on their bodies before stretching across their entire width, and before she knew it the upper bodies of the endermen was separated, cut in half by the Ender Dragon's sharp wings.

Jess was tired, so very tired. Fighting the Ender Dragon is not as fun as it seems, especially since she and Ivor have been fighting it for hours now. Her cloak is torn, her wither skull she wore was damaged beyond repair, and she had to toss it or it would have just been in the way.

She was running across the End, full of craters and dead endermen, as the Ender Dragon chased her. Ivor was with her minions as they moved from tower to tower, destroying the End Crystals and placing down a water source; creating a waterfall that drove off the nearby endermen.

Ivor discovered something a while back, when he was trying to destroy the End Crystals at the beginning of the fight.

When the dragon is injured, the End Crystals heal it. But if the End Crystal is destroyed while healing the Ender Dragon, it will cause a devastating reaction and severely hurt the Ender Dragon.

But, the problem was that there are more End Crystals that heal the dragon again; erasing all the progress they had done on the mighty beast.

So that was the plan. Jess would distract the Ender Dragon using her skill [Leap] to jump at the dragon, slicing it with her longsword to keep it focused of her as Ivor did his work.

As the monster was chasing her, she had to slice and kill some endermen that were in the way. She used her skill [Battlefield] to keep track of the dragon chasing her and the endermen, that way she can just avoid them. An Ender Dragon is enough for her.

It sometimes doesn't work out that way and she'll have to fight, but she managed to get a lot of ender pearls thanks to her LUK stat, and she leveled [Blade Weapon Mastery] to level 20.

She continued to run, killing endermen and looting ender pearls as she does. She looked over her shoulder as she ran pass some more endermen to see that the Ender Dragon is breathing not fire, but purple acid. Melting the unlucky endermen into a puddle, as their screams became painful, then silent.

And the dragon, still spewing corrosive liquid, flew closer to the ground, chasing Jess as the wave of acid it was now creating was getting so dangerously close.

-----------

Ivor was going from tower to tower, climbing the large obsidian structures with Jess's minion aiding him.

His armor was covered in scratches, ashes, endermen blood, and some of his own.

Every time he tried to destroy an End Crystal with a bow, the Ender Dragon would target him. So after many close calls with the Ender Dragon's acid breath, he chose to climb the towers instead.

But then he had to dodge the Ender Dragons other attack. The monster shot a projectile, like a fire charge. Except that it was purple and black, it followed him, exploded on impact, and left an acidic gas residue.