Chapter 6: Countdown Part 1

You only have 6 days until the mission.

Jess closed her book, checking how much time is left before the start of the quest, and turned her attention to her minions as they continued to build her a Nether Portal.

[Bones] Skeleton, Level 75

[Legs] Spider, Level 72

[Hulk] Zombie, Level 63

They are nearly her level, and they will steadily improve, growing stronger and stronger. But it will take more than three mobs for what she has planned in the far, far future.

It also has to do with a little surprise of information that Conquest provided for her, and started a new quest.

Quest: Evolution

Make your minions reach level 100

Reward:

All Party members will receive 30 levels.

[Creature Tamer] upgrades will be unlocked.

That's why she's building this Nether Portal. She needs stronger monsters to fight. Even though Ivor left her Party, the Experience gained will still be divided four ways.

She and her minions are wearing a full set of diamond armor as Jess put on her wither skull on her head, then wearing her black cloak over her armor. Ivor provided a Potion Flask filled with a Potion of Fire Resistance. He calls it a Flask of Fire Resistance... not really creative, is it?

Not only that, two out of the three horses came back yesterday. Jess didn't care about what happened to the third one. She now knows that the two horses that survived the trip back are strong. That is why Jess spent a whole day yesterday, doing quests for Notch to get a crafting recipe for diamond horse armor.

It cost her 500 Divine Points but it was worth it. She gave her steeds the armor as she grabbed food, water, diamond tools, weapons, cobblestone, a lot of buckets, and other stuff. She put it all in a chest, then put the chest inside her Inventory, saving room for all of the goods she's going to get.

She does the same with the other supplies. Like Ivor told her, "There is no such thing as being over prepared, only preparing for everything."

It was after a few more minutes that the Nether Portal was complete. It is 10 blocks tall as it is 15 blocks wide, hollow square structure with a swirling, purple filling.

She hopped on her spider, Legs, as Hulk and Bones each took their own horse. Jess could have taken a horse, but a horse cannot climb walls. She then passed around the Flask of Fire Resistance as they applied it to themselves, the horses included.

That left her with 4 out of 10 uses left for the Flask of Fire Resistance. But Ivor's skill [Alchemy] is maxed out at this point, so the effects of the potion will last for hours. He is even starting to learn how to apply [Alchemy] to solid objects, not just liquids anymore.

Jess and her minions edged their way to the Nether Portal. "Remember, stick together. You might be immune to fire, but you can still die." She told her minions as they nodded.

Then they stepped into the portal, and after a feeling of cold that smoothly passed over their bodies, she and her minions emerged in the Nether.

It was a nightmare, fire and lava and other horrible creatures roaming around. Lakes and waterfalls of lava was what she mostly see's, and then looks at the soul sand that is under her spider's legs. Silently frozen in agony.