Chapter 45: Lesson Part 2

Lisa continued. "Now you know about the Astrolabe Vault, its contents, and the reason why it's so heavily protected, but not the reason why it was kept a secret."

The Aura Node nightmare scenario wasn't the reason why it's a secret? What could be worse than that?!

"There is one affinity, and one only, that dominates the rest, even for a Templar: the Heos affinity, otherwise secretly known as Chaos." Lisa explained.

"If someone has this affinity, even a sliver of it, they turn into a Chaos Sorcerer. These people can channel the elements, and easily enhance it to destructive levels."

"But since it's so powerful, they cannot fully control it, only channel it away from them and at their enemies. If you're wondering how powerful they are, a single Chaos Sorcerer can wipe out a large village overnight." She said dreadfully.

"While their type of power depends on their location, it's still dangerous to take them on, even for us, because they're not limited to just elemental magic."

She then gestured to the mutated Templar, the red crystals, and the black tar. All of it sending one clear message: 'This is the work of a Chaos Sorcerer.'

"While we can disrupt the flow of Mana, a Chaos Sorcerer doesn't use Mana at all. Druids, clerics, necromancers, paladins, and wizards use other energies as well, but they still mix it in with their own Mana, and so we can still disrupt it and negate it."

"But Chaos Sorcerers are different. Their power doesn't come from within like Mana; it comes from the chaotic world of Limbo. Every Chaos Sorcerer is born with a connection to this world, and can draw its power from there."

"What the world Limbo looks like, I don't know." Admitted Lisa. "I was simply told by the first Templar that it's a world that lives in the Void, nothing like the End. But even though it's not Mana, we can still fight against a Chaos Sorcerer."

"But the only reason we can fight chaos magic is because we have high affinities of Order and Entropy. We can make the magic unstable, even weaken it, but cannot negate it completely."

"A fortunate thing about this; is that Chaos Sorcerers are extremely rare. Only one is born a century. But them being good or bad depends on how they're raised as they can easily become corrupt."

"Now the reason why the Astrolabe Vault's contents is a secret. There are three. The first one is the secret of Aura Nodes, so we can not only protect them from Chaos Sorcerers, but from anyone harvesting it and permanently damaging the land it influences."

"If a Chaos Sorcerer ever gained too much power, they can harvest it to increase their control over their magic. Or worse, make it even more destructive."

"The second reason, is evolution of Classes." Said Lisa. "Like I said before, people can train their Class, or even change it, but the equipment inside the Astrolabe Vault can evolve it to a higher power."

"The third reason ties the two together." She said. "It's to protect the knowledge of the Astrolabe Vault from mankind to use it on themselves."

"The equipment has basic knowledge of how Aura Nodes work, how to evolve Classes, and all of it written by the first Templar when he discovered them." she said. "This is the problem, as he told me."

"If someone was smart enough, they could expand on that simple, basic knowledge like they do with Mana." Her expression has become darker. "But if someone has ill intentions, it can cause more harm; just like how people already weaponized Mana."

"Do you remember what the first Templar said, about how chaos would descend upon the world if the vault were ever opened?" she asked as they nodded. "I think he meant two things. The Chaos Sorcerers gaining even more lethal power, or the anarchy this new knowledge would bring."