Chapter 20: Boom Part 2

Sometime in the far future

"Others say you are cruel." Jennifer continued.

"They are wrong." Her aunt replied.

"They are?" she questioned.

"I'm not cruel..." her aunt said. "I'm very cruel with a side of torment, a dash of suffering, a sliver of insanity... but a bit lazy."

"People also say mean things about you in public." Jennifer added.

"I could care less about anyone, saying anything, about me." her aunt said casually.

"Why?" she asked.

"It's because they're too scared to say it to my face."

----------

Ping!

Quest: Harvest

Hunt down 0/5 people who are of special interest and remove their Mana Core.

Rewards:

+2 Class slots

5,000 Divine Points.

Perfect.

I used [Geo-Kinesis] to create stairs that spiraled down the tower until I was on the ground. [Battlefield] activated as a 3D map appeared.

"Let's get this started." I then ran until I found my first target, a necromancer named Greg who is currently in a standoff between a paladin named Jonathan.

Greg was summoning wave after wave of zombies, but Jonathan was easily fighting them off with his sword and shield, plus his paladin Class gives him boosts when fighting undead monsters.

Box was still harnessed to my back, so I had him fire dozens of his bullets that arced over my head, and target the zombies; causing them to levitate into the air, much to the surprise of both of them.

I jumped down and quickly ran towards the necromancer. The one weakness of necromancers is that without their monsters, they're weak. The advantage they only have is their numbers.

So it wasn't a surprise that I knocked Greg out in one punch, I had my black strings shoot out of my hand, into his chest as I ripped out his Mana Core with [Grim Harvest].

Another necromancer Mana Core, I already have the powers of a necromancer, I just need to switch my Class to necromancer in order to use any necromancer abilities.

But I just put it away in my Inventory, it's not for me, it's for the project.

I then saw on [Battlefield] that Jonathan was charging towards me... and he was screaming a war cry, so that much was obvious. I had Box shoot at his weapon, then his shield, and finally him.

I turned around and saw that he and his weapons are suspended in the air as he's struggling to get down.

"You!" he shouted. "Put me down!" he ordered. How rude of him, and he didn't even say 'please'. I swear that's a word everyone has seemed to forgotten.

I didn't bother talking to him; I just ripped out his Mana Core as he screamed in the air. After I put his paladin Mana Core in my Inventory, I then used [Geo-Kinesis] to create a large pit.

After the zombies descended into the pit, Jonathan followed not too long after as he was begging for help when the zombies grabbed him and eating his flesh.

Then he disappeared into smoke, respawning as his inventory spilled out. I then went back and stomped on the unconscious Greg's neck, killing him.

After taking all of the drops, and the loot thanks to my LUK stat, I moved on towards my next targets.