Chapter 58: Redstone Part 1

1 month ago. Jess P.O.V.

I walked though the portal, ignoring the death and destruction I caused at the Tournament, and I found myself in my niece's room. It was small, but full of childish colors and stuffed animals that I got for her.

I saw her on the bed. Her black hair reached down her back as she wore a white sweater, the sleeves reached pass her hands, with a black skirt that reached her ankles. She still wore that pink bow in her hair.

She looked at me, her blood-red eyes shinned with excitement. "AUNTIE!" she screamed as she jumped at me. I caught her and pulled her into a tight hug as she giggled.

I never realized how much I miss that sound...

I put my niece down as her head is barely up to my waist, but her crimson eyes are full of innocence and joy. "I got something for you, Jennifer."

At that moment she started jumping up and down. Repeating over and over "What-is-it-?!"

I pulled out a Nether Star, one out of the ten that I secretly snatched from the floor when I started my assault at the Tournament. It's not my fault my brother dropped them on the ground.

I saw her eyes widen in curious wonder. "WAIT!" she shouted, throwing her tiny arm into the air. "I made something for you! Close your eye!"

I just smiled and closed my remaining eye. "Okay... wait... now open your eyes!"

I opened my eye to see a lump that is poorly wrapped in cloth, and in small, barely eligible writing said: FOUR THAH BEHST ONTEE EVAR!

"For the best auntie ever," I read out loud, much to Jennifer's joy. She totally misspelled the whole sentence... yet I almost cried.

I unwrapped it to find a crude heart pendent, poorly painted black with white blotches to represent flames. I used [Observe].

[Pseudo- Burning Love]

Crafted by Jennifer to give to her adopted aunt, Jess, to help her lessen the pain of losing the things Ellegaard stole form her.

I wore it around my left wrist. The chain was too small to put around my neck. Jennifer looked at me. "Was your necklace the most important thing the bad lady stole from you?"

The 'bad lady' being Ellegaard. I already told Jennifer the false hero stole from me. "The necklace was the only thing left of my parents... but the bad lady took many things from me, and she stole something much more important..." My words slowly died as the memories came back.

"Oh..." Jennifer said sadly, thinking that her gift wasn't good enough.

I quickly pulled her into a hug when I saw the tears in her eyes. "I still love it, thank you." I whispered as I petted her head. She drifted to sleep with a smile on her face while tears slowly stopped pouring.

I left Jennifer in her room, tucked safely in bed as I made sure her room is secure. I even summoned a zombie to keep watch with [Undead Summon]. I let out a sigh. I really, really miss the sounds of a happy child.

I sat inside my own room, resting as I saw the all-to-familiar blue screens. My rewards for my actions.

Ping!

Quest: City Assault, has been completed!

You have been rewarded 400 levels worth of Experience and now level 500! You can now equip 6 Classes instead of 3!

Ping!

Bonus Objectives Completed!

For winning the Tournament, your necklace, Notched Strength has been absorbed. You now gain 5 stat points for every level up instead of 2!