Chapter 85: Clockwork Part 10

Jess POV

"[Summon Demon Merchant]" I said aloud.

[Summon Demon Merchant] (Active) level 63

Herobrine has personally granted you access to one of his demonic merchants. Activating this skill will summon a demon to buy unique items from. The higher this skill level, the bigger the discount when purchasing items.

I stood on the high cliff that's 200 blocks away from the Clockwork Fortress. Even in this cold wind, even from this far distance, I can see the destruction.

I wish I could have been the one who did the deed, but I have something bigger planned than that abomination's petty revenge.

Maura appeared before me as a large orb of black fog formed. His single green eye, with a black iris, emerged from the darkness as his many tentacles flooded out a second later; weaving, moving, and feeling around the cold open air.

[Maura] Level ???

Title: Demon of Knowledge and Invention

Species: ???

Even though my skill [Observe] is maxed out, there are still some things that are not revealed to me. I need to buy some new skills, but I can always earn more Divine Points, and I know I'll get more after what I'm about to do to the Clockwork Fortress.

But still, if I'm interpreting this scarce information, Maura isn't a demon at all! He's just called a demon, yet the description for the skill to summon him calls him demonic.

Perhaps I've been association similar words together, even though they're different. No, I have... so if Maura is not a demon, then what is he?

I don't know why I asked that. You don't need to be a demon, to be a demon; I am proof of that. I wonder what Maura did that earned him that title, and placed him under Herobrine's eternal favor?

Ping!

By understanding your mistake, your Wisdom stat has increased by 1!

"Ah, if it isn't my mortal friend, Jess." The demon greeted before his single eye looked at my left hand. "I've already given you all five Hell Rings, why do you not wear them?"

"I need to prepare before I equip all five," I explained, Maura did not like his work insulted. "I need some books on demonic lore."

"Oh, let me guess, Baba Yaga's book?" He asked, but didn't refuse as several of his tentacles retreated back into the darkness.

I nodded as he let out a deep laugh. "I can't wait to hear what terrors you'll unleash!" Maura shouted as several books piled next to me, a second later I lost all of my Divine Points. Damn, these are expensive.

Ping!

The skill [Summon Demon Merchant] has leveled up!

"Hold on, you'll need this too," Maura handed me another book. "Free of charge."

I used [Observe].

[Skill Book: Demonic Anchor]

This skill book teaches how to create an Anchor; information is inside.

I looked at Maura. "What's an Anchor?" I asked as I placed the book into my Inventory.

"When something needs to be summoned from another plane of existence, you need to create an Anchor: a focus point of energy and desire to keep the summoned in this world."