Chapter 59: Redstone Part 2

I walked inside the cottage as I knew Cassie would do what I told her. I walked to the fake, replica of the End. I simply stared at the fake dragon, the very thing that caused so much trouble.

I guess that's one thing I have in common with the beast. But I'm not worried about losing to Redstonia.

When I went to Boom Town, I used my monsters as a distraction so I can find Magnus. Even causing destruction to lure him out.

Killing the citizens was pointless since they could respawn. Not to mention all of the citizens were a minimum level of 300.

But now I realized the irony when I used my words to gain control over Boom Town, a kingdom known for its impulsive actions and lack of diplomacy.

Now it's different...

I learned now that levels do not determine the strength of the individual. My participation in the Tournament proved that.

Now that I can see the stats of the people I used [Observe] on, I can truly see where their strengths lie. Olivia's stats are shifted more towards intelligence rather than strength or dexterity.

So I don't need to outsmart them. I don't need to make them run out of options. I just need to simply overpower them with brute force.

I'm done playing around.

Ellegaard help Soren spread the lies of the Order, and ruined Ivor's life. Ellegaard is the reason my body is burned, why I'm missing my left eye, the reason I had to move to a new location.

But despite losing so much, Ellegaard took something much, much more valuable to me. And I'm going to make sure she knows how her arrogant actions had lethal consequences.

I saw Cassie walk inside, joining me in the fake End as Winslow walked by her side. "It's done."

I nodded. "Good," I said as she handed me the contents of the Astrolabe Vault. I opened the sack to find a book of new knowledge that I'll fully delve into later. "lets get started."

I flipped through the pages as I pulled out Ivor's and my own notes to decipher the knowledge. After a minute I found what I was looking for.

I reached inside the sack again to find a special sapling. It had shining blue leafs and a white stem. I grabbed a dirt block, placed it down, planted the sapling and applied some bone meal to make it grow.

It was about fifteen blocks tall. With thick, pale branches that held its blue, shining leaves. If I wasn't so focused on my revenge... I would just stare at this tree all day. Beautiful.

"This is a Silverwood tree, Cassie," I gestured to the beautiful tree. "it has many magical properties. Most importantly, how to deal with the side effects of using this knowledge."

That got her attention. "What kind of side effects?"

I brought my hand to my chin. "How can I explain this...?" I took a second, gathering my thoughts before talking again. "The main purpose of this knowledge is harvesting elemental aspects from Aura Nodes, and using it in many different ways, however draining the Aura Node too much will affect the land it's connected to. It will taint it."

"Taint?" asked Cassie. "What's taint?"

"Imagine a dark, purple goo that infected the land. Growing beyond the Aura Node's influence." I explained morbidly, but my eyes still fixed on the tree. "So even if you did repair the Aura Node, you would still have to deal with the outside taint infecting the area again, and prevent it from corrupting the mobs that cross it's path and the horrifying entities it spawns."