Chapter 103: Deicide Part 7

Blood continued to pour down from the heavens, black monoliths crashing and wiping out anything from existence in their path, a so-called 'god' emerging from a hole in the disintegrating sky, and two nameless freaks fighting to the death among on a massive, floating chunk of the ground that was uprooted in a gravity-free environment due to the presence ocular 'god' above.

The blood rained down as the surface of large mass they're fighting on turned into an ash-like substance. The Nature Energy, the vitality of the ground, is being absorbed into the fetish inside the homunculus.

Raven ducked under the homunculus' scythe as it went over her head. "What's wrong?!" The homunculus screamed, continuing to turn, adding momentum to his next attack. "Don't tell me that's everything you've got?! That is not good enough!"

Raven sidestepped his strike as his weapon stabbed into the ground, sending bits of ash everywhere due to the force of the attack. She used it as a steppingstone to reach his height, slamming her knee up to his chin. A loud crack echoed throughout the blood storm as the homunculus recoiled, causing him to let out a small scream as his grip on his scythe slacked.

Raven used one hand to grab his head, using it as a means to flip over him before stabbing her obsidian daggers into his spine. She managed to pierce his metallic cloak, but was surprised to see some of his decayed skin has turned into patches of stone.

The homunculus turned and kicked her in the chest, forcing the air out of her, and sending her back as he charged. Raven landed roughly on her back, sending waves of pain through her wings.

CRACKLE-!

The homunculus hesitantly placed a clawed hand on his back, feeling the massive fissure on the patches of his stone skin. He turned back, and took a step towards his implanted scythe, only to falter. As a moment later he lift up his foot to see a few of his toes has turned to stone, fallen off, and crumbled into dust.

"This is pointless, you know." Raven stood, casting <Heal> on herself to repair her injuries as the blood rained down on both of them. "I can keep healing myself, and you lost your regeneration."

The freak grabbed his scythe, resting it on his shoulder, hearing the crunching of tree bark crackle under his cloak. "Then I'll just have to move faster."

"You can't fly anymore, or morph your flesh," Raven continued. "You're draining the vitality on this floating island! That fetish you absorbed is killing you!"

The homunculus hunched over and coughed violently. "I... I should have been dead a long time ago," He stood up straight, using the iron in the blood staining his grey, metal cloak to repair the tears and gaps. "If you wanted to lecture, be a teacher, otherwise you're just being inconsiderate."

That last word reminded her of Slab. "Why are you so obsessed with killing me?" Raven asked. "First you talk about how you want to die, then you want to see who is stronger; which is it?!"

"I want to know who's stronger before I die." He explained again, shaking his decayed head at how Raven cannot understand that it is just that simple. "We both walked down the same path in life, and yet you caught the terrible disease known as religion."

"Is that what this is about, my beliefs?" Raven opened her book before placing it at her feet. "You despise religion that much?"

"Religion is like my existence; cancerous and worthless!" He pointed his scythe at Raven. "...And I will soon cut the disease out of you."

"I'd like to see you try." Raven stomped on her book, letting a divine aura spread out. "<Creation>!" She chanted as numerous patterns formed on the ground, originating from her book as concentric white circles with smooth designs surrounded her book.