Chapter 86: Clockwork Part 11

Jess POV

Ping!

You have gained the skill [Demonic Anchor]!

[Demonic Anchor] (Active) Level MAX Cost: Varies

This skill allows the user to create an Anchor, a focus point of energy to bring a being into to their location from another plane of existence. However, due to Maura's tampering, you can determine the size and location of the Anchor with Mana.

Requirements: Having material/energy/substances related to those beings you are trying to summon.

Range: Diameter increase of 5 blocks for every 100 MP spent.

Duration: 1 hour for every 1000 MP spent, but you can manually dispel the Anchor to banish the creature back to its plane of existence.

Now this is a skill! At first I didn't realize why I would need an increase in size of the Anchor, after all I am only summoning one thing. But thanks to my high Wisdom and Intelligence stats, I realized one thing...

What if I summon multiple beings from that plane of existence? With this could easily bring ghasts from the Nether, or more endermen from the End.

It's just like summoning an elemental guardian, you just need a high elemental affinity in order to summon the appropriate guardian. The individual itself is the Anchor.

I do have similar skills, such as [Summon Elemental Guardian] and [Elemental Harmony].

[Summon Elemental Guardian] (Active) Level 10

Summon the manifestation of an element into its physical form. Make sure to have a high elemental affinity for the corresponding guardian, otherwise it will turn against you!

You can only summon an elemental guardian of primary elemental aspect. You cannot summon a sub-elemental guardian.

Cost: 400 Mana

Max Number of Guardians: 6

[Elemental Harmony] (Active) Level 10

You can now combine elemental guardians to create sub-elemental guardians. Make sure to have a high elemental affinity for the corresponding guardians you are combining, otherwise it will turn against you!

You can undo this action and turn the sub-elemental guardian back into its primary elemental forms.

Cost: 400 Mana

Max number of sub-guardians: 3

Max elementals to combine: 2

I only used these skills during the Tournament, earning them when I was in the Twilight Forest with a, now dead, Lukas... what a shame. I find something precious there, only Ellegaard took it away from me, and I can never get it back.

I'll never know why that motherless abomination tries to be like Lukas, he's just a sick child, clinging to something that can never be obtained. All he can do now is do what I ask and die, except he can't do the latter.

I have been asked why I'm not avenging Lukas. I just care about something more than an arrogant blonde who tried kiss me atop of an ur-ghast's tower! I let out a happy sigh at that memory; I punched him repeatedly for his failed attempt before we continued our short-lived journey.

Although I do find it unsettling that creatures like liches, nagas, hydras, and other similar monsters respawn. I shouldn't be surprised, it's not like they have a plane of existence, that's just how the world works.