Chapter 80: Clockwork Part 5

All the guards left, much to Olivia's confusion, leaving her on top of the obsidian wall alone with her redstone turrets. After about an hour of isolation, she decided to meet with Jesse. 'Something's not right...' She thought.

Olivia ran down the steps, onto the snow-covered ground as the cold weather became harsher, blocking out the sunlight. She ignored the panicked, starved refugees as she ran towards the inner wall.

Then the ground started to shake. It was slow at first, but it steadily became faster like an overworking heart ready to flatline. It was coming behind her, from beyond the wall.

Olivia turned around, frozen in horror as veins of black dust emerged from the obsidian wall, almost as if it was drowning and clawing its way to the surface before violently expanding outwards.

BOOM-!

Debris flew everywhere as black dust rained from the sky with the white snow, sprinkling across the cold ground. A familiar horror walked through the opening as a legion of undead monsters wearing black armor with red eyes rushed passed him to attack anyone in sight.

His long grey cloak dragged across the snow-covered ground, and yet it didn't disrupt his walking as he left deep foot-prints behind. The freak's head turned to look around to see the screaming people running away in terror, but ignored the ones who managed to stay and fight. He held his scythe in one clawed hand, and an object in the other.

The motherless freak dropped the fetish Jess gave him onto the snow. Instantly, three concentric circles of white symbols spawned on the ground before glowing red, startling the people watching.

Fog spewed out of the center of the circles, obscuring the freaks as the red-eye, undead monsters charged at everyone they can see before attacking them.

Some put up a decent fight as Olivia ran to the storage area on the other side of the fortress inside the inner wall, outrunning terrified people and those who decided to fight.

But it wasn't enough, there was simply too many monsters that are too powerful. Olivia watched a man pull out his wizard staff, pointing it at a charging zombie, and fired a spike of ice.

Not a bad idea. With all of the cold and snow it makes it easier to cast ice magic. But the spike of frozen water just harmlessly bounced off the black material the zombie is covered in, and pounced the man.

Olivia just ran, she wanted to help, she really did, but she can't do anything. Luckily her redstone turrets she placed on the wall aimed and fired at the undead, making sure not to hit the innocent.

The fog expanded, easily catching up to her as it made it harder for her to see while making her redstone turrets harder to aim.

Although it wasn't blinding, just inconvenient. She can still see where to go, and still feel disturbed by the red eyes of the enhanced undead. Olivia, still running, watched in panic as the undead monsters became faster, hitting harder if watching a woman get punched through her chest is any indication, and became invisible.

She can still hear them though, the static groaning of the zombies and click-clack of skeletons. Olivia carefully made her way to the storage area of the Clockwork Fortress as she stepped into the entrance of the inner wall.

"Where are the soldiers?" Olivia whispered as she ran up the stone stairs, her voice bouncing off against the insides of the iron wall, and noticing the absent of the creepy, silent soldiers who wear those vein-covered hoods.

Olivia shook her head of those thoughts when she finally reached a stone platform within the wall after so many stairs. Straight ahead is a ladder that leads to the top of the wall while to her right is a room containing supplies.