[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 1

/commencer/

[Normal POV]

"Hey, Shizuo!" Tom called. "Lately, Izaya has not been around Ikebukuro..."

Shizuo shifted in his seat and tapped his cigarette in the ash tray. "That bastard! He's better off the city!" He looked outside the window. "If I see him here once again, I swear I'll kill him..."

"Uh-huh." Tom sipped his coffee in an elegant and relaxed manner, but his eyes reveal the stress he has in his everyday routine. Going out and eating with Shizuo is his past time.

"All he talks about is how he enjoy seeing humans suffer because he loves humanity," the blonde added, "I can't accept that reasoning and I hate his guts!"

"It can't be helped, huh?" Tom pushed his glasses upwards. "Once a person is like that, he'll always be like that."

Shizuo was silent, not driving his gaze off the window.

"It's been two weeks since then..." Tom added. "Since Kasuka had his shooting in this city."

He got Shizuo's attention when he mentioned his younger brother's name. The younger brother who's always been so stoic about everything, yet had a better life than his older brother, Shizuo.

"Why did you suddenly start talking about him?" The blonde asked with a serious face.

"...It was when you last fought Izaya." Tom laughed a bit. "It was a huge mess... you two chasing around while he's shooting a film!"

Shizuo remained unaffected. Although it wasn't normal for Tom to make jokes like that, it wouldn't be enough to provoke him. It would be useless to pick on a fight with the only friend who hangs out with him on break times.

"Tch!" He looked outside the window again, now resting his chin on the back of his hand, and sipping from the straw of his drink. He put down his used cigarette on the ash tray.

The door swung open and rung the bell as the cold breeze went in. A group of teenage ladies, including Kamichika went in, chatting happily about various events and other things. After going to the counter and taking what they ordered, they sat on the empty table next to which Tom and Shizuo are sitting.

Along with the ladies, (F/n) sneaked in, blended with them. She is wearing a black tee, together with an old styled pair of jeans, plain white sneakers, and black beanie. Upon receiving her ordered tea, she split up with them, and sat on a two-person table beneath the stairs, one table away from Shizuo.

(F/n) pulled out her laptop and turned the camera on, checking on Shizuo through the tight spaces, observing him, taking candid photos as well. Probably, she's stalking him, and probably not...

She opened her Facebook page as well, making a cover. However, she puts that tab down once in a while to continue her monitoring.

When the counter bell was tapped. The two boys looked over to its direction, to see the servers put their tray of coffee on the counter and gesture for them to take it.

"For a moment," Shizuo said, pushing his chair back. He stood up and makes his way to the counter, picking up the tray.

On his way back, a strange feeling has gotten into him. It urged him to look to his side and he saw a picture of him and Tom together just now. He froze for a moment.

"Oi!" He called.

(F/n) turned around and looked up at him. "What?" she asked nonchalantly, at the same time, monotonously.

"That picture just now... was that me?"

"No." She ignored him and turned back to her business, flipping random articles and posts on her Facebook account.