[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 5

[Normal POV]

Izaya kept smiling at her, but his eyes are not smiling. (F/n) feels confused why he had to show up at her house of all the times, but she thinks nothing comes good from it.

"Perfect timing. I'm not entertaining any visitors right now, bye," she told him as she smiled the same way he did. She knows what she just did is rude, but perhaps, the information broker has higher qualifications for him to consider an action rude. (F/n) grabbed the door knob and pushed the door close, but Izaya grabbed the edge of the door to keep it open. "What?" (F/n) snapped. She was totally out of mood.

"That's mean of you (F/n), after I came all the way here," he said that to her as he easily welcomed himself inside (F/n)'s unit and closed the door for her. (F/n) made a blank expression at what he did and just crossed her arms. "Just because Shizu-chan hates me, it doesn't mean that his girlfriend, no- ex-girlfriend have to hate me too."

(F/n) gasped at what he just said. The man definitely knew something. "How did you know...?" she calmly asked.

"Oh please. I know everything about you. Did you seriously think that I will just cut all my business with you after you cancelled my mission?" he said it in the least triggering way. "How naïve of you."

The girl raised her brow. "So invading my privacy is the way you get your payback from me?"

"You need to cool your head off," he said as he suddenly grabbed her wrist and dragged her to his car. "You should go on a date with me."

"What? No! Why should I?" (F/n) complained as the black haired man sat her on the passenger seat, put the belt, on and closed the door. She threw a tantrum like a child locked in the car. "Get me out of here, dimwit!"

The man sat on the driver's seat just next to her. The girl still wanted to throw tantrums but she knew that the man won't let her out, so she just silently growled.

"I just remembered your birthday was a few days ago. I'm sorry I didn't come. Let me treat you to a restaurant today," he said and winked at her. She felt goosebumps as he started the car and drove.

As they got to the fine restaurant, Izaya ordered tofu hot salad for himself. "(F/n), what do you like? It's on me."

"A glass of watermelon shake is fine," she replied, a bit irritated. The restaurant staff took their orders to the counter.

"You know, you can order a bit more. I'm paying for it as a gift," he said to her as he leaned on the table.

"Out with your niceties. I know you want something from me, otherwise you won't take me to this restaurant," (F/n) said flatly as she averted her gaze at the man. She feels really uncomfortable in a bad way.

Izaya sighed. "You're very slow. I'm taking you for a date."

"Why would I date you?"

"Because you're free again. Shizu-chan just dumped you."

"Why do you care? And can we please not talk about that?" she hissed.

The man sat back. "I've taken an interest in you. I like you. Besides... don't you want to get back at Shizu-chan?"

(F/n) was rendered silent. It hurts her heart more than what she could bear. "..."

"You know what, that night of your birthday, I saw him flirting with a beautiful young woman," he said to her.

"Don't make up stories!" she snarled at him.

"That's probably why he broke up with you," he continued his rant to her mercilessly and showed her the picture in his phone. As (F/n) was about to hold it, he held his phone to her, but did not hand it to her. "You're just allowed to look at it."