[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 12

[Shizuo's POV]

This bitch is insane! She totally broke our deal and is now sacrificing (F/n) to give life to the dead. I see it; I see how it works. But (F/n) is bleeding. It is too much for her.

"(F/n)! Can you hear me? Answer me!" I shouted at her desperately because I know (F/n) responds to my call. She'll wake up like she did when she berserked. I begged her to return, but this time I know that I'm just not getting through. "Get that witch off your body!"

The woman grinned and chuckled evilly. "I just told you it's pointless. (F/n) is mine now."

"Not for long," I spat with determination as I grabbed the woman's real body and grabbed the neck. As I see the confused look in her face, I knew I was at advantage. "If you don't leave (F/n)'s body, I'll break your neck," I said as I looked at her seriously and angrily.

"You won't do that..." she said in a softer tone. She looked afraid and it confirmed my conclusion that bringing her body brings threat to the witch.

"Yes, I will!" I tightened my grasps around her body's neck and I can see through the body's expression that it is alive and suffering. The owner of the body gasped. "What will you do now?"

The lighting weakened in a short period of time but got wilder inside the lab and it lit the whole place. I figured out that distracting her can make her go easy. I have to be strong to watch (F/n) and Leena in pain. I know (F/n) can make it through, but I have to be out here to support her.

In a snap of a finger, lighting struck between me and the woman. I managed to dodge, but the lighting took her body and entrapped it to the ground with electric bars. It's emanating too much negative energy and I won't waste my life to touch it anymore.

I chuckled. "So I was right about bringing your body. It's a shame this is your way." She was cheating. Had this been a game, it's gonna be my win.

She gasped in slight relief. "What do you think? My life was a cheat! I couldn't kill your woman before you kill my body because I'm managing a lot of different things."

I mocked her and haft ignored what she said. However, I am worried that I am at a huge disadvantage. I left everyone outside, (F/n) is on a pinch, and I lost my only weapon against the girl. "Keep your babbling you old wench!"

I charged running at her fast without thinking. I know that one way or another, as long as I am able to distract her, her lightning will weaken and I can grab her. I proved it myself that I am no longer bound to her spell. She won't have enough strength to cast it on me.

As soon as I thought I'd catch her, she pinned me with her electricity, however, she didn't hurt me. It was amazing how she pinned me well in my clothes without burning them or electrocuting me. I guess the pact (F/n) made with her is strong and unbreakable to a certain degree that she can't hurt me. Now I know that her body is not only the weapon I have, but also my body.

I grinned again. This will be her unluckiest day.

-

[Reader's POV]

Yuko-chan won't tell me what she meant by that. Shizuo-senpai and me? There's nothing similar between us. Above all, he loathes Izaya-senpai. What a weird best friend I have here!

Chasing her the entire vacant period exhausted me. I was tired during classes because of her and the professor called my attention several times. I'm quite embarrassed, yet happy that Yuko-chan and I finally made up.

As I was packing my bag before heading out of my class, I saw Izaya-senpai leaning on the door frame, whistling at me. I was happy, very happy that he called me by himself for the very first time. This is a boyfriend's duty, isn't it? Wow, I'm so happy!