[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 8

[Normal POV]

The bell rung twice throughout Shinra's unit. Celty, being the only one who is free, rushed to meet the guests. She took a peek at the door and opened it for the guests.

"We are finally here," Tom said, looking all haggard and sighing. Varona is quiet.

"This is quite unusual," Celty typed in her PDA and showed them. "Does (F/n)'s presence bring you here?"

"That's right," Tom answered, letting Varona and himself in. "We brought her stuff. She didn't have much on her bag and it seemed that she travelled."

"I see." I took the bag from him and led them to a bench. "Take a rest. You had it tough out there, didn't you?"

"Not very, but we got hooked in traffic because the police came flooding in the area. We had to sneak and get away, but it wasn't very easy," Varona replied to her question.

"I cannot bring you to where the girl is because she is freshly operated. She needs rest and a very clean environment," Celty said in her way.

The man with brown braided hair kept looking around. "Where is Shizuo?"

"Sleeping right now."

"Ah, that guy."

"Black rider, can I ask you something?" Varona intervened.

"Call me Celty; Celty is fine," the fairy told her, feeling uncomfortable with how she called her. "Black rider makes me sound like a criminal."

"I apologize," said the blonde girl, looking away for a bit, then looking back.

"It's fine. So what are you going to ask?"

"Shizuo-senpai, he was acting strange when he carried the girl," the blonde explained, "Are they related? Do they know each other somehow?"

"It's a little hard to explain, but if I'm guessing the same thing, they might know each other," the black rider said with a hint of uneasiness and unsureness. "She might be (F/n)."

"Hold on!" A surprised Tom intervened. "No way! That's (F/n)?"

"Who is (F/n)?" Varona blurted.

"Well, you see, she's an old friend of us, although on her end, I won't exactly say she is a friend," Celty explained.

"I think she is my best friend's lover," Tom played a prank.

"Had Shizuo heard that from you, you'll fly away for good!" Celty warned the brown headed business man. "(F/n) tried to kill Shizuo before."

Varona's eyes shot wide like she won't want Shizuo to get killed by anyone. "So (F/n) is an enemy? I shouldn't have brought her here!"

"Relax. That was before. We found out that (F/n) (L/n) used to be an assassin who worked under Yodogiri Jinnai and was threatened by Orihara Izaya to work with him instead. That was what she told us in the end, but she wouldn't tell us something that much if she was not kidnapped after her failed attempt to assassinate our friend."

"That is horrible. I thought that such a nice girl like her can finally be that special someone that my friend can cherish for his life," Tom intervened, disgusted and disbelieving what he was hearing. "So that was the whole thing behind our meetup."

"Don't hate (F/n), Tom-san. She had her life in the line and it's not like she wanted to do it anyway. She was tortured while she was kidnapped and after the three of us rescued her, she told us that she would leave and never show herself to any of us anymore. Shizuo was the first and last person to attempt to stop her, but it didn't change her mind. She really wanted to redeem herself and so we let her."