[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 3

[Normal POV]

The girl was following the two men few meters behind. Like a shadow, she blends with the people again. She was unnoticeable, but somehow, one of those two young men noticed her.

"I'm going this way," the blonde suddenly pointed when they reached the intersection. The two stopped.

"Well then," the man with longer hair agreed. "Let's meet again tomorrow, same time, same place."

"Yes," the blonde bartender agreed. Then the two separated their ways.

The crowd was becoming thinner. Blending for the young lady has become a little more difficult. (F/n) hid at the corner but kept her eyes on him. She was smiling.

The bartender turned around and suddenly spoke in monotone, "What are you hiding there for?"

She didn't move at all, but she was surprised she was found out.

"Come out! Damn it!" he nearly shouted as he walked his way to the corner, "I don't want earning a stalker!"

Nevertheless, her smile didn't fade. It turned into a smirk just before she came out of that corner. He stopped few meters before her. Her smile was sweet and innocent. His expression didn't change in the slightest.

"What do you want?" he sharply asked.

"Make up," she replied to him, still wearing that childish smile.

"After you caused that ruckus back then, you're asking me for some cosmetics?!" He turned his head to the side. "Tch! Don't give me that crap!"

He didn't see her coming. She was fast. In a split second, she managed to get in front of him and land a finger in his forehead. What lingered was the view of her finger and the slight pain made by the snap. His sun glasses fell.

The expression in her face changed. It's nothing like mesmerized by his beauty or anything like that. She was surprised that he managed to maintain his calm.

"What?" he asked her, with a lighter tone.

"I'm not talking about cosmetics, idiot!" she laughed. His face twitched. "I'm talking about an apology."

He grabbed her hand and moved it off his face. He raised an eye brow at her. She awkwardly pulled her hand back.

Then, (F/n) pulled out a gift certificate from her bag and showed it to him. "I wanted to make it up to you."

"You don't need to," he said, slightly shrugging, "I forgive you."

"No!" she insisted, shaking her head, she gave it to him. "Take it and meet me at the place tomorrow at 10 in the morning."

He didn't answer.

"Don't be late! It's 10 sharp! You don't want your girlfriend to wait, don't you?-"

"Since when did you become my girlfriend?!" He snapped. "I'm never interested in shits like that!"

"Plus, how can you be so demanding? Aren't you apologizing?" he added. "How can you be sure I don't have work tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is a regular holiday and a Sunday," she retorted, still holding that smile up, but in a more natural way, "Just think of this as an appointment with an acquaintance if you don't want to think it's a date."

He looked annoyed.

Suddenly, she grabbed his hand and shook it enthusiastically as if they were long-time friends, and energetically said, "It's tomorrow at 10, okay? Don't be late!"