[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 9

[Reader's POV]

Oh, what a nostalgic feeling! My eyes are closed; it's definitely black everywhere. I can't see a thing. On my back, I can feel something soft as if I'm lying down in a bed, and my body is wrapped by a thin blanket. My memories are all distorted and I feel very nostalgic because of it. One thing I knew is that I've always put my life on the line for someone very special to me. Yet, who is my special someone?

"(F/n)-chan, you should be fine now," my special someone calmly spoke to me. "...because I'm right here by your side."

There was a man next to me. He is holding my hand and drawing circles on my palm using his thumb. Alerted with my sensations, I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted by a warm blinding light. His face was covered by the light, but he definitely protected me from the sun ray's direct hit.

"Good morning, (F/n)," he said as he bent down on me and let me see his warm smile. He is looking intently at me while his smile warms my heart.

"Izaya-senpai, good morning," I subtly replied, smiling just as much while blushing. That is right, Orihara Izaya-senpai is my special someone. In Raira Academy, he is a third year and a graduating student while I am a sophomore. And one more thing, I am madly in love with him. I belong to him, and so does my life.

It took a while before the surroundings registered to me. When I noticed that the place wasn't my house, I sat up and felt a sharp pain on my right shoulder and left thigh. "Ow. Senpai, where are we?"

"We're in the hospital," he told me as he slowly laid me down on my bed. "Do you not remember what happened last night?"

"...Last night?" I repeated while digging my brain deeply to search for answers. Then, it came to me. Last night, Izaya-senpai and I were doing our secret mission. We are information dealer apprentices. That is our part time job. We risk our lives and take courage for the benefit of the rich people in Ikebukuro. Izaya-senpai was the one who wanted to start it. Because he was doing it, I joined as well.

Ever since I landed my gaze on him when I was in first year, I knew it. I knew that he is the one I can give myself to. I studied in a different school back then. I always think that he is my crush and inspiration until my school friends started to have their boyfriends and continued to nag me to confess my love to senpai so that I can make him my boyfriend.

I was a coward at confessing. Unlike my confident friends, I knew that I am not a lovable person. But just like them, I wanted to be loved. That's why I began to tail senpai. By stalking him, I found out where he studies, his part time works, and even his place. I transferred to Raira Academy for that matter. I even took the job all for Izaya-senpai.

However, I realized that Izaya-senpai is not a careful person. Many times before, he had his life in danger. That is when I realized who I can be and what I can do for Izaya-senpai. I will protect him. I will do this for him because I love him. Isn't it normal to protect the person you love?

I lost the beauty within my body. I got stabbed, slashed, shot, and nearly broke a bone as I protected Izaya-senpai. I thought that it won't matter anymore as long as I do it for him. But one day, when I finally had the courage to confess to senpai, it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. It was the first time I ever talked to him. Like in shojou mangas, I sent him a mail and met him at the school rooftop. I was so nervous and fidgety, thinking that he might reject me. I couldn't put my make up on.

-

"Senpai... I..." I said as soon as Izaya-senpai appeared in front of me. It was afternoon and it was dismissal. It all happened just this year when I started to join him in his sideline and eventually became partners with him. I thought that he'll find me suspicious one day, so I just have to tell him what I feel for him.