[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 22

[Omniscient POV]

Both men have stopped on their tracks as they are finally face to face. They both cracked their knuckles and did a little bit of warm up stretching.

"You look well as always," Kadota told his opponent.

"Yes, I guess," the blonde casually retorted.

"Look, Dotacchin has come up," Karisawa from the audience pointed their leader on the stage. Yumasaki, who's busy reading manga remained busy reading his manga. Togusa brought cold drinks with him.

"Dotacchin may be strong, but Shizuo-san is on a totally different level," Yumasaki commented without lifting his eyes from his manga. "Only Izaya-san can fight Shizuo-san on par, but with a knife."

"Eh? Then what is Dotacchin doing there?" says Karisawa.

Yumasaki shrugged. "It's totally decided by fate. But this is definitely a default."

"No need to discuss this match. Shizuo-san will definitely win," Togusa concluded. "Kyohei will only scrap himself in this fight."

"I know Shizuo-san uses all his strength when he's on the rampage," says Yumasaki.

"No. I think Shizuo-san has a very strong built even if he doesn't wreck a havoc," Karisawa countered. "To face Shizuo-san on the first match... today must be Dotacchin's unlucky day."

Yumasaki nodded in agreement.

"Geez. I thought Kyohei can show us a good fight with that Toramaru leader again." Togusa snorted.

"Oh yeah, I saw him earlier," Karisawa intervened, "He's one of the finalists. I wonder who'll fight him..."

Male Black Rider continues to announce, "Will this match be better than earlier? Will they blast our minds with surprises?" As he says that, the audience makes the impression that this round will be a totally one-sided fight. "Let's not waste our time! Go!"

As the crowd roared, Kadota swiped the air, gesturing everyone to silence.

"Ah. Is there a matter, Kadota-san?" the announcer inquired.

After a moment of silence, Kadota replied, "I'm calling this fight a quit." His voice was loud and clear. He got a hail of boos and insults from half of the audience who didn't think his disadvantage.

"Have you got no balls?!" One even shouted.

"Get lost, loser!" says the others. "Pathetic!"

While Kadota is trying hard to be patient to those pitiful people who wouldn't use their minds and those who only wanted a good show regardless of the casualties, Chikage let his blood rush to his head. He stormed ahead of (F/n) and attempted to break out from the exit. "You know, you people-"

The other contestants and organizers hold on tightly to the fuming Chikage. He definitely understands Kadota's point and that is why he wanted to defend Kadota from the mindless people. However, he is risking his viability in the tournament.

"Using one's brain in survival is better than just letting his pride and fists decide," Kadota clearly stated and silenced the useless insults of the crowd. "I'm not engaging in a useless one-sided fight."

"That is right," Some of the audiences agreed, thinking to themselves. "With Shizuo-san's strength, Kadota-san definitely won't stand a chance."

Some simple minded audiences reacted, "He's probably pissing himself now."

"He's not dumb," some thought.

Karisawa and the others we're not surprised nor disappointed in Kadota's reaction. "Dotacchin's not just a muscle head after all," Karisawa commented, "He uses his brain properly."