[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 17

-- A WEEK LATER

[Mirae's POV]

Time has quickly passed. I didn't expect that Malana and I will end up coming to Ikebukuro to look for Leena. Afterall, Chikara sent Leena to Ikebukuro so that she can start living here by herself and that she would no longer come to live with us back in the village. That is sad, I always think, because we had fun so much fun with her and I even treated her as my own grandchild. Malana and Aaron loved her, too.

Being a convenient person at a convenient time, I shamelessly used and manipulated her. Back then, she looked like she just wanted to forget her past and make people forget her. She is truly hopeless and in her eyes, death only awaits.

I thought it is a waste to just let her die. I helped Chikara because I think that these are the only little things I can finally do for him. He is someone very precious to me, but when he needed me the most, I couldn't be there for him. That is why I redeem myself, even with these dirty methods.

However, Malana and Aaron are more important to me than Chikara is. They are my grandchildren and they are too young, blooming with potentials. I can't have them involved with his nasty plans anymore. That is why I ignited a rebellion. I will save them both and save the big sis they look up to the most.

Today is our fourth day in Ikebukuro. We found a place to lodge, somehow. At first, I was terrified when I came here. The place is very wide and confusing, establishments are terrifying as they towered over us, casting us a huge shadow. The speed of vehicles are enough to kill people. And the people themselves, are strong enough to kill one another. As I heard, this city reeks of different gangs. I am convinced as I see scary group of similar men in hordes. Some gang members that clash fought bloody fights with their weapons. I immediately brought Malana away so that she won't be traumatized by it.

Four days of nonstop searching for Leena has passed by. No one has a clue. I can't be mistaken that Leena had a train ticket to Ikebukuro as she left. However, when we say her name and describe her, no one seems to know her. Some people are also uncooperative with our search and some could really care less.

"Missing people in Ikebukuro is very common," one even told us he shrugged as off, "You don't have to worry because they just show themselves up anyway."

Looking at Malana who seems really exhausted, I asked her, "Are you still okay? We can rest and leave it for later. You don't have to push yourself."

"No granny," she insisted, catching up to her breath while pulling her leg, "I want to do this for Aaron. If I don't, we might not be able to save him."

Infected by her willingness and drive to save Aaron, I was speechless. I know what happened is tough to her as well. But whatever we do, the way things are, we just go round and round without getting a clue about Leena's whereabouts as if no one knows her and we just keep bothering the wrong people.

"How can this be? Big sis is a very strong and popular woman! How come no one knows her?" Malana complained worriedly as if she could cry any moment. "Only she can save Aaron! Aaron wants only her to!"

I sighed as I rested my painful back on a bench. I wrapped by arm around her shoulder and hugged her, letting her cry on my shoulder. "Aaron promised you, didn't he? That he will survive for us?"

"H-he did, but he looks really tired and weak... T-there's no guarantee he can," she answered in between her sobs.

"Don't lose hope. We will find your big sis," I encouraged her and she hugged me back. "Aaron is being tough for us."

She nodded and only hugged me tighter.

-

-- FLASH BACK –