[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 7

[Shizuo's POV]

Morning went by and I was woken by my alarm. I sat up in the sofa as I tried to go over my dream. This wasn't the first time I woke up for today. I woke up a while ago, but it was so dark and Celty was standing next to me.

In my dream, I saw (F/n) walk around Shinra's place and pulled a knife over me. I was pretending to be asleep and I didn't do anything about it. I could feel that she was holding back, she was trembling. She even apologized to me in that dream and it happened as if it were true. But then, when Celty appeared, everything went black and I woke up.

Celty was there. She was there, staring at the window when I woke up, and (F/n) was gone. I suspected (F/n) and my suspicion of her proves to be right.

This second time I woke up, Celty is with me, sitting on the adjacent smaller sofa. I turned to her and asked, "Am I alive?"

Celty was surprised and she quickly responded through her PDA, "Of course you are! What made you ask that?!"

I held the back of my head, thoroughly confused. I cannot fully differentiate the dream from the real. "The last thing I recalled is that I was about to be killed..."

She jumped back a bit more.

"...by (F/n)," I continued and studied her strange reactions even more. "She pulled a knife on me while I was asleep."

"Maybe it's just a dream!"

"No... I don't know... It felt real."

Celty looked down and I looked down as well. "She's even gone now," I added.

Shinra went out of his room, unchanged, yawning and stretching at the same time. "Celty, why didn't you wake me up?" he asked as he approached her.

At that time, Celty furiously typed on her PDA, showed it to him, and punched him all of a sudden. I was shocked.

"Ouch!" Shinra fell on the floor. I didn't help him up. "That hurts, Celty. I was only worried about you."

She typed again on her PDA and showed it to him.

"Even so! That's not an acceptable reason for you to punch me!" He stood up and sat next to me, still facing Celty, pouting like a child.

When I looked on the floor, I saw a knife with a dark blade. "What is this?" I took it and examined it. Celty tried to take it from me, but I didn't hand it to her.

Sliding my finger on the side of the blade, I felt something greasy and when I smelled it, I realized and said, "This is poison." I looked back at Celty.

"Ah, this is the house knife," Shinra said as he took it from me. "Why is this on the floor, Celty?"

"Maybe it was dropped when you cleaned the table last night and it was there when I sprayed insecticide, so it got some poison," she reasoned with the help of her PDA, but she seems uneasy about it.

"Is that so?" Shinra asked, and she nodded. However, through her actions, I can tell that her reason was fake. Celty is a terrible liar and I believe that flea realized she was faking it out when he asked that question.

"It can't be right, it can't be a coincidence," I stated, the two looked at me. "(F/n) has something to do with this."

"(F/n)?" The confused Shinra asked. Celty didn't answer a word, so I was able to tell that I guessed the right thing. It wasn't a dream... it was reality!

"That bitch!" I stood up furiously, cracking my knuckles and nearly popping a vein with fury. "I should kill her before she could kill me!"

I stomped my way to the window and opened it, but before I could jump, flea stopped me and tried to pull me back. "Let go of me, flea! I should have killed her sooner! I'm going to kill her now!"