[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 11

[Normal POV]

A young man in the village of Kabuyano was woken by the strange rumbling of the ground and the strange noises in the outside. He sat up from his bed and rubbed his eyes. "What the? Who would... in the night?" He stood up and peeked through his window. What he saw was horrifying.

Skeleton men are rummaging the town. Those brave citizens who chose to fight the dead are in dire traits. They're not beating the dead enemy to pulps. Instead, the enemies are wiping them out like small fries.

Children are screaming and crying while women drop to their knees. Those who are smart run out to cause stampede. Those who are smarter chose to lock themselves inside their houses.

As soon as the dead noticed the man looking at him, he moved to see the man. The man hid beneath the covers to hide his presence. When the dead saw that there was no one, he left. The man prayed under the covers that someone would come and save them.

His wish was granted in a short period of time. In a flash, a pure black van parked at the outside corner of Kabuyano, avoiding the mass stampede. The ones that got out of the van are composed of an old smart-looking lady, a doctor wearing glasses, a woman clad in pure black but wears a catlike helmet, and a strong looking man who dyed his hair blonde. The man was carrying an unconscious foreign lady on his shoulder. The woman wearing black stroke the van and the van reverted into a headless horse. Everyone was so busy with their lives on the line to witness this legendary occurrence.

The woman wearing black and the man who dyed his hair blonde lead the path. The old lady watched on the rear as they left their vehicle and chose an alternative route to avoid bumping to the citizens. However, by avoiding the citizens, they were cornered by moving skeletons.

"This is bad! In a short period of time, she can't possibly-?!" The old lady exclaimed as they all formed a circle to watch each other's back. The skeleton men didn't recognize Leena's body and tried to pull it down. Shizuo had to strike the small fries. Once they get dismantled, they won't move again.

"Ha! It looks like I found their weakness!" the blonde exclaimed as he wiped off the enemies obstructing their path. Celty pulled out her scythe and joined the reaping game. "Four eyes, old lady, make yourselves useful."

Shinra took a piece of 2"x2" wood, just as the next rounds of zombie skeletons appeared. In his own little ways, he joined the fight.

"Geez, young people. You don't have to say things like that," the old lady said as she threw a few of her capsules on the air. The enemies stopped moving in confusion, making way for the three other men to dismember their bones.

-

Inside the laboratory, the witch can feel her defense layer getting thinned out as time passes. She willingly strengthened the suction on her spell so that she could release more of her puppets and at the same time, protect herself in her place.

"Damn that blonde man," she muttered to herself. "Had I known he'd be this persistent, I should have offed with him!"

She bit her lips upon feeling the tearing on her flesh. "Not yet," she told herself with determination. "There's a lot more than this which I can handle!"

The room lit once and twice with her spell. A new horde of stronger zombies rose from the dead.

-

Having known that this fight would be long and that (F/n) will be in trouble the longer they linger in the outside, Celty used her substance to freeze every enemy in the city except for a few lapses, extending her substance in the outskirts.

"Celty-chan?" Shinra called her in surprise and confusion. All the zombies were struggling in her grasp, even those that just came. As soon as they stepped on her substance which can hardly be seen in the dark, her substance will grasp and immobile the enemies. "You can't mean you're stopping here."