[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 11

[Shizuo's POV]

I don't know, but I suddenly felt a strong thud on my chest followed by emptiness.

Celty have noticed that I jolted. She showed me her PDA. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I just felt a nerve," I replied as calm as could be.

"That must be (F/n). I had a bad feeling, too," she replied. "Anyway, we should hurry."

Her bike went faster. I didn't know that she could even go as fast as that. It's like we're moving just a little bit slower than sound.

It didn't take more than a few minutes and we're right in front of the warehouse I once had a scrap on. The breeze suddenly felt cold and restless, as if whispering to us not to enter, but at the same time, urging us to barge in.

We got off our ride. Then, Celty parked her bike and leaned it near the frame of the warehouse gate.

Then, we started hearing footsteps and sounds of metal clanging behind the huge metal door of the warehouse. Celty approached the door and listened closely to it, and I did the same.

"Hey, do you think she's really dead?" I heard someone said. The voice is unfamiliar, but it sounds really worried. Celty gasped upon hearing it.

"Do you want to check it out?" I heard that sadistic female voice from earlier again. This is the place!" "Then why don't you bre-"

I didn't wait for Celty's signal and acted on my own as I kicked the gate hard. It crashed to the floor, making a loud clang. I took off my shades and put them to my pocket, aware that I will be fighting like always.

The room was very dark. All eyes are on us. I quickly scanned it with my eyes. At a corner, there are two ladies bent over, as if cowering. There are two heavy weight men at the end of a long table. Near them is a man clad in all white, grasping a long metal tube with splintered ends, and a woman, also clad in pure white, holding a water hose just above the table, while her other arm is raised to her side as if pointing something to their men. However, despite their clothes being white, it is tainted with dirt and blood, but whose blood?

I looked to the person in the bed. All I could see is the length of their body, the bruises, the cuts, and all the awful injuries. And that person is not moving? Could that be, (F/n)?!

"Could you be Heiwajima Shizuo?" the man wearing white inquired. "You have arrived just in time. Where is the money?"

"Money, my ass!" I yelled at them loud enough that my voice echoed inside.

As I took a step forward, the mistress yelled, "Then you're nothing more than an intruder!"

I ignored them and run as fast as I could, missing the shot she fired. Celty was outside, hiding behind the frame of the gate, ticking. I assume she didn't want to take part to the action yet. I know that she wanted to get inside too, but there is no room for a successful attempt rescue in the middle of a heated battle field. I ran around the warehouse and behind them so that I could get something I can use to fight with.

Bitch kept firing her gun, but not even a single bullet graced my skin. She gets more infuriated to the fact that her comrades, especially the two big men, just crouched, covering their ears, and not obeying her previous orders.

"I said, break her leg!" she shouted furiously, stealing the gun from the other man's pocket and pointing it at them. "Do it now!"

I looked at the girl on the metal table as I ran. (F/n) looked so pathetic. I didn't know what to feel but I certainly don't want her to rely on me because she has grave injuries and might soon or might already have a broken leg.