[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 16

[Fumi's POV]

I turned my head towards the kid to see his expression and the way he reacted to the truth is expected. He is confused and disbelieving. His eyes were wide and his mouth was shaking.

"You mean, the bandits attacking and looting our villagers are the villagers themselves?!" he exclaimed and the old lady immediately covered his mouth.

"Not too loud, my son," she said to him while gritting her teeth. "Someone will hear us outside.

"But... but... I don't understand..." he said in a soft voice, "why are the villagers harming each other?"

This is going round and round. Why am I even trying to vent my knowledge to a kid? Just because I can't be in action, I've gone so pathetic that I will beg a kid to listen to my problems? This is going to be more problematic. A kid in half-matured age... I don't know.

I sighed and muttered, "This is why I don't like speaking to 10-year old brats!" I complained, "This is becoming more problematic."

"What your attitude, Fumi!" mother scolded me, "You chose to tell him yourself, didn't you?"

"I wouldn't tell him if he didn't find me and start shouting at me!"

While I was having a little quarrel with my old lady, the kid approached me and said, "I'm am sorry to hurt you... but I'd like to hear your story, mister..."

"Why would you? Wouldn't it be better if you don't know anything?" I tried to dissuade him rather brashly.

As if he would throw a tantrum at me, he suddenly pleaded, "I want to know everything! I can't be the only one who doesn't know!"

"Right, sonny. Everyone in the village knows except the kids, and your big sis, too," mother agreed to him. I sighed and proceeded with my story.

"Well, you asked for this, so don't complain to me if it's boring or it's too much that your brain get a hold of it," I said. I was quite rude because the kid is being persistent, trying to know things out of his league. Even if he found out about, he couldn't do anything harmful because people will either not believe him or just make him shut up for good.

"You better be good in your history class for this because this is a dark history." Nonetheless, I begin to tell him the story to the extent that we, the villagers, and the bandits at the end of the hierarchy web know.

-

It all began approximately ten years ago, when the village of Archen Hannes is still functioning. They have their own connection to the nearby villages, cities, the government, the country, and the rails. They are recognized as an official middle-class village. It means that their ways of living are in the middle of urban and rural methods.

A smaller village with slightly greater population is located behind Archen Hannes. It is called the Kabuyano village. Since the train station do not reach their place, the villagers have to walk a great deal across the Archen Hannes in order to reach the train station.

In that place of seemingly poor standard students, rose five great chemists greater than the respected chemists in the capital region. Those five were the only ones recognized by the government and the Health Department due to their innovative and successful medical inventions. Their team is led by a young, handsome, dependable, smart, and competent man named Omitaka Tatsuhiko. He had absolute rule not only over his pharmaceutical team, but also over their entire laboratory. He is a man respected by many, including all of his co-villagers. The other four are loved as well. Being a part of their medical team is a dream of many girls in their village.