[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 29

[Reader's POV]

Celty and I were left frozen on our spot as the two grown up men chased each other loudly inside and outside the apartment. As the door shut close, we can see the two from the balcony. I sighed in relief as they did not continue their frenzy inside the closed building.

"Must be tough for you, too, (F/n)," Celty told me as she showed me her device. I turned to face her and read what she wants to tell me. "But it's nice since you and Shizuo have confessed how you feel about each other."

"C-Confessed?!" I feel my face turn red again. Why am I still so surprised about something I am well aware that happened? I pressed both of my palms on my cheeks to slap myself and cover my natural red shades with bigger ones. "Well, I guess that's the case."

"Don't be embarrassed," she told me, now teasing me. "Shinra knows that you two are secretly in love and he's been voting on you two since you've returned."

I am amazed. An esper exists in this house. "Say, Celty-san... you and Dr. Kishitani are in love, right?" I asked her in an attempt to tease her in return. I know that the two of them are exceptionally close.

I got an unexpected response. Celty-san fumes black smoke all over the place again. I am afraid that I may have inhaled some this time so I coughed. That reaction from her proves my theory. Well, to my eyes, they look like obvious lovers so I don't get why Celty-san reacted that way like she's embarrassed.

"Forget what I just said, Celty-san," I told her and she immediately stopped spewing black smoke. I was relieved, I can see my surroundings now.

Celty typed to me again, "That is right... but don't say it out loud, okay?" I made a flat facial expression towards her. It figures, she's the shy type.

I nodded so that she'll calm down.

"Your memory has returned, right? All of it? I subconsciously called you (F/n) just now," Celty added.

"It's fine, I remember everything," I said as I look down abruptly then looked back at her. "You can call me (F/n) again." I flashed her a natural smile, but as I look at her, it's like she has plenty to say. Somehow, it's like she's mad at me.

"You're not going to leave again aren't you? You don't know how worried Shinra and I am! Shizuo is worried the most!" she exclaimed at me through her text.

I put my hands in front in concession. I knew it; she'd scold me, too. It's not like Celty-san to scold me. Although she was the one who caught me red handed last time, she's incredibly kind to me until now. "I'm so sorry about last time. Shizuo talked me out of it. I promise I won't leave anymore." I said that even though I am still worried because my enemy is far away.

As I put down my arms, I accidentally hit my pocket and all the farewell letters fell. Celty-san helped me pick them up. I know she would ask me about the letters, so I just took it from her, thanked her for helping me pick them up, crumpled them and threw them on the trash. I looked into her expression. She looks confused, so I decided to tell her, "Those are my farewell letters. I intended to give them to each and every one but after Shizuo talked to me, I don't need them anymore." I looked down at my feet and smiled before I looked back at her, "He said that I don't have to do it alone and that he will help me this time."

"It looks like Shizuo has decided for all of us," Celty-san told me.

"What...? I don't get it."

"The final boss. Your enemy is not yours alone, right? We will joined your fight," she said with determination.

"Wait... Shizuo didn't decide anything like that..."