[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 13

[Reader's POV]

Izaya-senpai, this isn't something to laugh about! Come on!

The man I loved, as I feared, never felt the same towards me. His eyes that stare at me held nothing like passion.

"No! Senpai, it can't be!" I screamed, squeezing my head with my other hand.

"Think of the person you truly love, that person - you didn't get along with him at first, but later on you did everything you can to keep that person out of trouble and that person stupidly risks his life to save you! The person who loves you puts his life in danger to save you, and would never think of using you to save his ass!" the blonde adult hectically and worriedly explained. "So please (F/n), wake up. Remember what love really is... Who you really love..."

"What... love really is...?" I repeated slowly. "Who I really love...?"

Suddenly, memories came flashing in my head. It's a burning feeling, warm yet painful, deep and nostalgic. It's like the whole life I knew was a lie.

I remember talking to Yuka-chan about how uneasy I feel when Shizuo-senpai look at me and avoid me all the time. That led to her concluding that we are a better pair. I still don't understand, but I think that the puzzle pieces are falling to the right places.

"(F/n)..." the adult Shizuo-senpai called me. I looked at him subconsciously and left his grip loosen. He had a painful smile in his face. "Don't forget... I love you."

After he said that, I was shocked and I was still utterly confused. Everything in the surroundings broke like glass and I feel like I am being zapped by my memories as I see them play around me in fast forward as my body travel in light. I can see all the happy and sad times I shared with my friends, family and my loved ones.

-

"Oi!" The blonde bartender called.

I turned around and looked up at him. "What?" I asked nonchalantly, at the same time, monotonously.

"That picture just now... was that me?"

"No." I ignored him and turned back to my business, flipping random articles and posts on my Facebook account.

Shizuo put down the tray on the nearest empty table. He didn't like the way I ignored him.

"That was me! I can't be wrong!" He didn't shout or raise his voice a single bit, but the way he said it was strong and demanding.

I pushed my chair back and stood up, facing him. "I don't know what you're trying to pull off, Mister," I said, rather annoyed. "Whatever you see in my page is not your concern!" I nearly spat the last word to his face. "Aren't you stalking me?"

-

"The last time really hurts... that time his men stabbed me..." Izaya stoop close to my face, trying to intimidate me.

"That was because you fucking broke all the information and you don't answer your calls!" I snapped at his face, "I'm not frightened with your ugly rat face!"

That's it. I guess I went too far. I should have just killed him right away. Orihara Izaya is not an easy target...

At that instant, he grabbed my face and squeezed it between his fingers, while pressing the heel of his shoe on one of my feet. I squeezed my eyes, wincing in pain.

"You really do know how to get into my nerves, assassin," he told me, intensifying my pain. "You can't kill me, but I can kill you right now," he added, raising a knife.