[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 6

[Shizuo's POV]

There's definitely no way (F/n) can be a chef. Such a slowpoke will not be accepted.

When I look at her, she's so cheerful and she isn't the type of person to be clumsy. Somehow, that childish grin across her face is enough to make me smile just a bit. I can compare her from four-eyed flea. They seem the same.

"Eh? Shizuo?" I heard flea say.

"What?"

"You're ... smiling?"

"Huh?" I dropped that smile. I didn't notice I was smiling. "It's nothing." I retorted as I casually pushed my sun glasses up.

"Come to think of it, Shizuo..." he lingered, looking up while rubbing his chin. I can see from the corner of my eye that (F/n) is looking back at us.

I raised a brow at him. Then, he suddenly pulled me a little lower and whispered to my ear. "(F/n) could be a good wife someday." I raised my brow a little more.

"A good wife, huh?" I whispered back to him, disbelievingly. I could remember how annoying a self-proclaimed brat (F/n) is.

"Well, she's skilled and dedicated at work... so it's possible," flea continued. "...For you, of course."

"What the-?" I looked at his face and now, he's cracking that pervy grin. Once a flea, always a flea... "I don't want a bitch like her," I flatly said.

(F/n) had that confused-worried look on her face when she walked closer to us. Shinra and I moved apart.

"Were you talking about me?" she asked worriedly as she put down the third set on the table. "I kept noticing you two."

"What?! No! Of course not!" Shinra panicked defensively.

"Yes, we are," I retorted nonchalantly, Shinra froze.

"That's rude!" She slammed her clenched fist on the table. Shinra shrieked. Then, she continued her rant. "If you want to talk about me, then let me join! Don't talk things about me without me hearing it!"

"C-Calm down, (F/n)!" Shinra exclaimed.

(F/n) looked down, then looked back awkwardly while rubbing the back of her head. "Sorry. I overdid it." She broke an awkward laugh.

Shinra sighed. "If Celty wakes up, she'll be really mad at me."

"I'm really sorry," she said again.

I didn't wait for the two of them to calm down. I pulled my chair and sat while looking at the two who wouldn't settle down just yet. "Hey, the food is waiting. How long do you two intend to talk?"

"Uh yeah. Alright." Shinra sat in front of me and (F/n) sat on the other side.

"We're digging in!"

Food was fast. Since it was raining outside and we are all hungry, we finished right away without talking to each other while eating. Flea was the biggest eater. He even asked for seconds. (F/n) on the other hand, doesn't seem to care how she would look like in front of us while she's eating. She has sauce around her mouth and she doesn't wipe it off.

Flea let go of his bowl and burped. "Oops," he mouthed as he covered his mouth. (F/n) laughed cutely. I did nothing.

"Well, who's gonna wash the dishes?" Flea asked us, eyeing at me.

"Not me!" (F/n) answered, smiling. "I helped out with the preparations."

Both stared at me and I knew what they wanted. "Fine." I stood up and picked the empty bowls and dishes. "I'll do the cleanup."