[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 10

[Shinra's POV]

Celty and Shizuo went together to find Leena's medicine. The two of us are alone. Leena is trembling at the thought of not recovering her medicine and disobeying some old dude's strict orders. The atmosphere is so uncomfortable.

I sat next to her, grabbing the nearby television remote. "Leena, let's have faith in Shizuo and Celty. They'll find your medicine."

She looked at me with restless eyes. "Your friends? What if they don't?"

"Ah... um..." This is a little hard to answer. "They will! Surely! I know those two!" I forced a reassuring smile at her, more like the smile I always show Celty.

She bit her lips, blinked once, and looked back at me. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"Oh, uh. I'm sorry I wasn't able to introduce myself when you told us your name," I said while fidgeting and panicking since I was the one who set her to sleep to avoid awkward situations with her, but I guess I don't have a choice... while she doesn't remember. "I am Dr. Shinra Kishitani. I treated your wounds earlier."

She smiled genuinely, but her expression still hinted her restlessness. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me."

I rubbed the back of my head. "Oh, don't mention it."

She laughed a little. "You're a funny person," she said.

"So, should we watch TV while Shizuo and Celty are not back yet?" I asked her so that I can put a temporary end to her revealing herself without the other two.

As soon as I opened the television, the news showed the events that occurred earlier from where Celty and the others rescued Leena and put her behind Celty's bike. She was caught in the camera, but subtly. The main focus were the horde of black vans that ran away.

"Wasn't that a capture from earlier?" I asked Leena, noticing that she was so focused in the news.

"Yes, that was us," she said, not drifting her eyes away from the monitor. "The black rider and the other guy were the one who mainly rescued me."

"And they brought you here," I added.

"You have such warm hearted friends to come and aid to my rescue when I was already unconscious," she said.

"Ah well, yeah that's right." We continued to watch the news until it was over. Thankfully, Leena's restlessness subsided and she appeared to see more light within Celty and Shizuo. Not that she disliked them, but she appeared to be partially uneasy towards the two of them, and me as well.

I wonder why? She could be (F/n)! I have a very strong feeling about it!

-

[Normal POV]

The door opened suddenly without a knock. Shizuo let himself in first, taking off his helmet and putting it on the table next to the door. Celty entered next.

"So, how was the search? Did you find it?" Shinra asked with a gleeful face.

"Sorry about that," Shizuo said monotonously. The hope in (F/n)'s eyes faded.

(F/n) muttered, "No way..."

Celty continued explaining what happened, "When we got back, we found fine glass shards that looked like they're from a broken bottle." She brought out pieces of it, confined in a ziplock plastic, putting it on the table where everyone can see. "There are no medicines left."

(F/n) observed it closely and saw a fragment that erased her doubt that it might not be her medicine bottle. But it was really hers.

"How did this happen?" (F/n) asked, half hopeless and half furious.