[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 24

[Omniscient POV]

Mirae and Malana finally got into the fighting colosseum. It is very crowded and Malana could hardly see what's going on. They couldn't go nearer because of the crowd.

"No pushing," one of the watchers said due to the lack of personal space and VIP standards the fighting festival provided.

Shortly, Varona and (F/n) arrived on opposite sides of the stage. Both of them are partly battered due to their previous matches.

"Look," Shinra called Celty's and Tom's attention as Varona and (F/n) faced each other. "Those two are about to fight."

Celty worriedly mentioned, "They're friends. I'm worried about them both."

"I've heard before that Varona wanted to fight strong opponents," Tom intervened. "This should be a long awaited opportunity for her."

"Whoever wins between them gets to fight Shizuo," Shinra added. The other two went silent.

"A girl... fight Shizuo," Tom worded, "Neither of them are normal girls, though. Will that be okay?"

"Come to think of it," Celty intervened this time, "Mairu faced Shizuo earlier. He didn't attack her at all. Shizuo is being nice."

"Shizuo only storms to people who mess with him," Shinra answered. "He also forgave Varona back when she confessed that she stabbed him."

"He saved (F/n) who tried to poison him back then," Celty added, showing her PDA.

"He only hates Izaya then," Tom concluded.

Male Black Rider soon gave the two his go signal, "Fight!" As if both girls are looking forward to this fight, ignoring their pains, they didn't waste time and attacked each other after receiving the signal.

The blonde foreigner has honed her skills since childhood all for survival. Her lust for fight grew more and more as she sought dangerous and capable opponents. The other girl has artificial physical abilities on the other hand. She wasn't born with it, nor did she worked hard to achieve her current self. It is truly mysterious. The end of the fight could not be decided unlike the others.

For sure, one of them fights in order to defeat the other. The person who is challenged just go with the flow and fight her opponent for the sake of giving the other a chance. The bounty matters, but the fight matters more.

The two women are inseparable. They make a good combination as partners and as opponents, as well. Varona makes a roundhouse kick, Leena responds by jumping and diving to Varona's back, hooking her legs to strangle the latter. Varona reads Leena's move and ducks to avoid Leena's legs, and swiped one of her legs to the ground to trip Leena. Before Leena touches the ground, she kicks Varona's shoulder lightly so that they can move away from each other.

The fight is like two lightnings. It is too fast to see what's going on. Certainly, they are both still humans, although given their superhuman abilities and fighting skills.

"What incredible speed and fighting style! Neither of them are going down!" Male Black Rider exclaimed as the two girls fought nonstop. The crowd became so noisy, too.

Mirae and Malana have moved to a spot where they can see what is going on. It is still quite far from Leena and they can see the barrier that separated the audience from the stage. They couldn't go near even if they try to.

"Big sis is amazing! The other lady is amazing, too!" Malana squealed and jumped at the corner. For once, her worry towards her cousin has lightened up. Mirae-sama is still worried about what is going on back in the village, but putting all the stress on Malana which she had been carrying all the time is too much for a 10 year old child. That emotional burden is too much.