[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 30

[Normal POV]

Ikebukuro, it is a place where many extraordinary things take place. Hardly anything is normal, yet everything is normal. (F/n), one of the million girls in the face of earth, has just taken a break from all the surprises in her life. Today, as payment for her sudden leave for the day of the festival, she has been called by the bar manager to take duty inside the bar. She had no choice and just decided to come. She and Varona have different shifts.

(F/n) is actually quite grateful that things have somehow returned to normal, although one big battle is on its way. She knows that she has to prepare for it, but she can't just neglect routine jobs. Besides, she trusts the fairy woman to handle some things on her behalf such as the contacting of strong fighters and gang leaders as well as the spreading of rumors online.

News spread fast; everyone knows it. Celty took a break from her work as a transporter in order to write the article online. Mirae-sama and the two children are there to help Celty write. Shinra went back to the place of the festival in hopes that there are still some patients left to treat. Varona went to Simon's and decided to help them for today just to keep herself busy. Tom-san and Shizuo went back to collecting debts. Getting money from unfaithful people can be really nasty. That is why Tom-san needed a strong body guard. Shizuo's really tough; he can work just fine even if he's sleep depraved. It is best to assume that everyone is doing what they always do.

As soon as (F/n) got home, exhausted from work, she flopped into her bed and immediately fell asleep. She didn't dream. Last night's sleep wasn't good enough for (F/n). Of all the people in the scene, she is the most tired. She didn't even bother changing clothes.

Hours have quickly passed. The next moment (F/n) opened her eyes, it was dusk. The roosters are just about to fall asleep. She gasped as she sat up the bed, looking at the wall clock. "Oh shit!" It was almost 6 at night. She quickly leapt out of the bed and changed her clothes into some comfortable shirt and sweat pants.

(F/n) ran out of the apartment as fast as she could and ended up on the training venue. The two trainers are already there, bored waiting for her. The girl just squinted her eyes when she saw (F/n) coming.

"You're late!" Varona said with a sharp edge.

"I'm sorry; I overslept," (F/n) said to her. She knows she is at fault and have left the two waiting for about an hour. (F/n) looked at Shizuo who looked like he would cut her some slack, but as (F/n) looked at Varona, it doesn't look like it's happening. She even has rolled newspapers on her right hand like a basketball coach.

"Your punishment for being late is 300 laps around the court," the blonde lady told her.

(F/n) was taken aback. "300 laps?!" She knew that even if she was gifted strength and speed, 300 laps is quite impossible. Furthermore, the soccer field is a spacious venue.

"You have complains?" the blonde asked. (F/n) nervously nodded and did as told. She ran around as fast as she could that the two can no longer see a concrete image of her. She ran over and over like there's a tornado about to form in the field. She thought that they won't count her laps anymore because she is too fast to follow. She stopped after 100 laps.

"There you have it ... 300 laps," she said, pretending to pant a little.

"200 more to go. You ran only 100 laps," the strict female trainer said. The trainee was taken aback, but still did as she was commanded since she had no choice.

(F/n), despite being a regular working adult, faithfully attended all her training sessions. Her trainers are scary and they make her do the most absurd trainings. Push ups, sit ups, laps, combat exercises, training duties, as well as logic exercises. They even battled one another; the two trainers vs (F/n) alone. It always settles in a draw.