[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 3

[Normal POV]

"I'm sorry, (F/n); I'm breaking up with you."

(F/n) felt like the heavens and earth have crashed upon her with those words that stabbed her heart. Her eyes brim with tears. "No it can't be. Please tell me this is a joke," she said.

The blonde shook his head. "I'm sorry; I mean it. I'm breaking up with you," he said it so straightly but his mouth is shaking as he spoke. His eyes were apologetic, yet serious at the same time.

(F/n) grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He let her do it. "Come on! You said that you loved me, didn't you? You we're the one who told me first!"

"That was because I was confused with how I felt towards you."

"No, no no no no. What about the year we spent together? Were you confused the whole time? Are you telling me that you have just made your mind?" (F/n) could feel that he's shaking more. It is cold, but he isn't shaking because of the cold. "You saved me yet I pushed you away. You waited because you loved me. You were very kind to me and you we're always there guiding me when I needed you! Now, why? Why are you throwing me away like all the time we spent together are nothing? Is it all a lie?"

"You we're with Claudia! I trusted you! Did she do something to you? Are you attracted to her?" (F/n) continued to bombard him with more questions, but he is just shaking his head the whole time.

One gaze, (F/n) noticed another shade in his eyes – fear. Why is he afraid? Who is he afraid of? What is he afraid of? Why is he doing this? (F/n) felt a deeper stab on her chest as she realized something and asked him with less emotions, "Are you breaking up with me for my sake?"

The man didn't know how to answer the question. He knew that the witch was watching everything he does. He couldn't reveal to (F/n) the truth. "No. I'm doing this for my sake," came his harsh reply. "I'm tired of you and I tricked you. I'm sorry."

As he said that, the tiniest hint of remorse and fear in his eyes dissolved. It filled (F/n) with horror. He meant his words. He pulled his hand back forcefully and when (F/n) tried to grab him, he swat her.

(F/n) was confused, but she was hurt more than she was confused. Why must it be on her birthday? She cried silently as she hopelessly watched the back of the man she loves so much disappear from her sight. (F/n) lulled herself to sleep in that very place.

-

As Shizuo left (F/n) crying by herself under the roofs, he went to meet Claudia in the next block. "I did it. I broke up with her," he told her with sad eyes. "Now, can you please set her free from her curse?"

"Oh my!" The lady giggled. "Set her free from curse? Oh, please! The fun is just starting!"

He glared daggers at her. "Didn't we make a clear pact? I will be your dog, but you won't do anything to her. I'm yours now! What else do you want?" He was holding back because he knew that he couldn't go against her.

Claudia laughed. "To hear that from a man I bewitched, I wish I heard him say that to me!"

"Don't make it funny. I'm sure the man you like dumped you. Shame on your love. You stoop so low to break us because our love makes you sick," he taunted her.

She was silent for a while until she thought of a reply. "Be careful on your words." That reminded Shizuo of what the foreigner have up her sleeves. "Don't assume you've found true love. There's no such thing."

Claudia quickly dismissed the topic. "After what you just did, I'm sure you don't have a face to show them. Cut all your ties. I'll give you a place to stay."