[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 18

[Normal POV]

Due to the late announcement that the festival going to be held today, not every fighter is alerted. Those who knew are excited not only to fill their lust to fight, but also because of the monetary award. They haven't thought about the medical assurance the hosts will provide, though.

"Iza-nii! Iza-nii!!!" A young woman with glasses called to the man wearing black fur cloak in front of her who didn't bother turning around for her. She ran towards him and before they bump, she jumped and prepared to kick him. "DIE!"

The man dodged her kick swiftly while grinning. The girl landed safely on her feet, her back facing her brother.

"To tell your own blood and flesh to die the second time, aren't you becoming a part of the tenacious disease-ridden modern society?" he taunted her.

She gritted her teeth and furrowed her brows at him as she strongly pointed a finger at him. "Look who's talking?! And you're not supposed to dodge!"

"Hmph! To have my cervical spine broken by my own kid sister makes me instinctively dodge," he confidently retorted.

Another woman that looks exactly like the other nudged into her. She looks more reserved compared to her hot-blooded bubbly younger twin sister. "You look well, Iza-nii."

"Kururi, Mairu, where are you two going today?" he asked, noticing that his kid sisters are wearing their cashual hoodies and skirts with matching opposite colors.

"We're going to the fighting festival," Kururi retorted in her usual cool and silent voice.

"Fighting festival? Is that today?" Izaya asked as if he didn't know about it.

Mairu handed him the flier. "I'm going to join and fight so can you not come, Iza-nii."

He took the flier in his hand and smiled at it. "Isn't it a bit too early for my kid sister to be joining the fun? And wait, why don't you want me to come? Adults are supposed to watch over their sisters."

"Hey! I'm more capable than you think I am!" she exclaimed, pouting at him. "Fight me now, Iza-nii. Let me show you what I learned in my dojo." Then, she charged at him.

Izaya held her shoulders to stop her from picking a fight. "I'm not gonna fight my little sister. It's a waste of time." Then, he remembered something, "Haven't you answered my question?"

"Mairu said that you'd bust the fun if you came, Iza-nii," Kururi replied for her sister.

"Ouch! I'm hurt, Mairu! How can you do that to your brother?" he teased her, then turned his head to the side to mutter, "Anyway, you'd even break your big brother's neck for no reason."

"It's not because of no reason, Iza-nii!!" Mairu shouted back, unable to struggle out of his brother's tight grasp. "Grrrr!!!"

Before this escalates to a serious ramble, Kururi grabbed Mairu and ripped her off their brother. "We should go now, Mairu."

"Is this all you came for" Izaya asked, looking dissatisfied.

"That's right, Iza-nii!" Mairu replied after getting back to her usual cool and bubbly personality. "Don't go to the fighting festival. I'll be watching you. Or else I will kick you again. Promise that, okay?"

Seemingly unafraid of Mairu's threat, Izaya just waved at them as they walked away from him. He's smiling like his usual, but his eyes are not smiling at all.

-

A scary middle-aged man is waiting outside the dojo. The people who walk past him all avert their gazes. The man carries a silver cane and wears a light eye shades. A slash scar forced his right eye shut.