[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 1

[Reader's POV]

"It's over now. The fight is all over now," Shizuo said as he hugged me from behind. I nudged my head to his collarbone. That was our last conversation before we totally left Chikara-san's memorial. I was sad that things like that had to happen, yet happy because I am finally free now. I can live the happy life I want with the man I love. However, I was not content.

"He left me with a duty. I promised him that I will look for the girl and tell her," I told him as I got away from his hug to face him. I am serious about it and it is something that I really wanted to do.

"Why? Why are you so considerate?" he calmly asked me, confused to why I accepted an impossible request such as that. "We don't know anything about her except her name."

"I just can't deny someone's dying wish no matter how bad they used to be," I replied calmly. "Besides, I want to know the person who they coined my name from."

As I looked into his face, I knew that he wanted to face palm at me. "You're really not going to give up?" he asked me, as if convinced to just go along with me if I say I still want to look for the girl.

I made a serious face. "I won't give up no matter how long it takes."

That is how the new adventure of my life started. It has been my secondary purpose. Besides being a woman for Shizuo, I become a messenger of my false father's dying wish. I remember that conversation perfectly well although it has already been a year since all that happened.

A lot of things happened within the year. A lot of things changed for me as well. Shizuo and I have been officially dating since all our lives have returned to normal. At first, I was very awkward because I was very clueless towards how normal girls live their life. Love has not been in my vocabulary my entire life. I am still lucky, though, I have friends who are couples. It is very easy to learn from Celty-san and Shinra-san.

Varona returned to Russia after receiving a call from their organization manager. I saw her off in the airport together with Shinra, Celty, Shizuo, Simon, and the others. Varona told me that she would also look for traces of the real Leena in abroad. Since it has been ten years since Chikara-san abandoned her, it is possible for her to be out of the country, too. Varona left her apartment to me and her job, which is why I got promoted by the department manager. Since a few months ago, I became a fixed employee in the cocktail bar we worked on. I am now, luckily, the frontline branch supervisor. The only tough part about my work is that I handle disturbances inside the bar as well as complains of both customers and coworkers.

As for Mirae-sama and her two grandchildren, they decided to settle in Ikebukuro. Mirae-sama used Chikara-san's riches to start and run a small weaving business to send Malana and Aaron to Raira Elementary School. This way, they can see me whenever possible. Mirae-san also invests the remaining money on bank accounts Tom-san taught her about and they all live in the apartment units Tom-san found for them. They live in a place in walking distance towards me.

As for Celty-san and the others, their jobs remain the same as they are contented with their lives and progresses. For me, it would be great if I can own a cocktail company one day. Since work is enjoyable in the bar, I might as well choose liquor for business. I guess Shizuo won't disagree with me since he's become a bartender for a long time.

Despite our search for Leena Prestn is shambles again today, since searching for someone who is blind and is missing for more than 12 years is more than twice harder searching someone who left home and isolated themselves. I have a special event to look forward to tomorrow. It's my birthday! I missed my last birthday along with my memories last year. That is why, although I'm gonna be a year older now, or two, I am very excited!