[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 13

[Normal POV]

"Ugh, I'm beat..." (F/n) wearily complained to herself. "Why did they suddenly call me to work in the morning? A sudden change in shift? And I was excited myself..."

Since Varona had some other business, (F/n) is left to take care of the apartment unit alone. Then she was called to substitute someone in the bar who's absent due to colds for about four days now.

(F/n) stopped by the pedestrian when she heard a neighing approaching. She probably wondered why would there be a horse in such a well-developed city. Then, with the loud approaching motor sound, she saw the Headless Rider approaching from the intersection of streets.

She thought Celty had work to do, but Celty stopped in front of her and told her through her device, "Are you free today?"

"Yes... I guess..." (F/n) answered, not sure of it. She knew that she still left some business with the doctor, but she didn't want to be late when Varona arrive home after she promised that she will be staying at their apartment unit. "Will this be fast?"

Celty nodded abruptly and said, "Get on." She put helmet out of her smoke when (F/n) got on her back. "Hold on tight!"

Then, Shooter raced fast into the street shortly after Celty spotted the police with the scar on his face. She shrieked and oversped.

"Whoa! We're gonna die!" (F/n) frantically screamed after almost crushing on trucks while racing. "What are we speeding up for?!"

Celty didn't answer and didn't even dare to look at her side mirror to check if the police are fast after them. They immediately made it to Shinra's apartment.

-

[Shinra's POV]

"Alright, alright, I'll be there in one hour," I said to the person I was talking to on the other line of the home phone. "Please inform Dr. Yagiri that I will meet her in the laboratory. That's all, thank you."

Just as I heard a knock on the door, I put down the phone. The door creaked open. "Celty-chan! You're here!" I dashed and hugged her, rubbing my cheek on her. As usual, she pushed me away.

"Not in front of a guest!" she shouted at me, going all caps on her device.

The other lady let herself in, shyly saying, "Hi, It's me again. Sorry, I missed an appointment yesterday."

I clicked my tongue just to tease her, shaking a finger in front. "That is not good. Patients wait for the doctor, not the other way around."

So, I got a jab from Celty. "How could you? You forgot about her yesterday, too!"

I scratched the back of my head. "I'm sorry, Celty. I was just teasing her." I laughed a little just to cool the atmosphere before grabbing the other girl in both shoulders and making her sit on the sofa.

"Alright, (F/n)- er... I mean, Leena," I said as I was rummaging the drawers, looking for syringes, alcohols, and cottons. Then I found what I need. "I hope you're not afraid of needles..." I teased her even though she's tougher than that.

"Just needles?" she questioned with a tinge of mock. "How can you get much blood from just needles? I have a knife... and what is a syringe anyway?"

(F/n) is way too brave, so I just showed her the syringe needle. It is a 5 cc/ml terumo syringe with a 1 inch long covered needle. "This is what we will use to extract your blood."

I disinfected her arm and tied it with a rubber ribbon. It wasn't too hard to catch a vein since her muscles are reacting to the pressure. Although not very obvious, (F/n) has become quite a muscle woman, and frankly, a bit of a muscle head.