[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 10

[Normal POV]

"Shizuo, do you know where we're headed?" Celty asked, showing him her PDA.

"I have several locations in mind," he replied, "We're checking them all."

"How many do you mean by several?" she inquired, as pressured as her ride would be. She used her PDA again.

Shizuo thought about it. He knew many places since he lived in Ikebukuro longer than Celty, but Celty knew every route due to her work as a transporter.

There have been quite a few gangster troops that dominated Ikebukuro ever since, and most of them disappeared. Few warehouses have been emptied and few have been occupied by different gangs.

"There would be around three to four, if I'm not mistaken..." he replied. "They are emptied warehouses."

Celty nods and replied, "Where is the first?"

"The nearest would be 4 lots behind the first Ikebukuro station at the East," he said. "Since there are no roads behind the station, we have to go by foot."

She nodded again as she stroke the back of her bike. Immediately, her bike neighed and dashed, ignoring the road commotions. With that speed, the passerbys couldn't recognize them better than a black flash accelerating down the road.

Shizuo held unto her shoulders more firmly.

Much to their advantage, they have not caused any trouble. But to their disadvantage, the mad policemen saw them again. He's driving nearly as fast as they are. As the lights and sound of the siren came to Celty's senses, she looked to the side mirror abruptly, then freaked out.

"Oi!" Shizuo called her attention, noticing her tense up too much. He is well aware that they're being chased by the policemen with a scar on his face, but that didn't matter to him, unlike Cetly. He's gotten into plenty of troubles before to still feel bothered with a small fray.

As the policeman, Kinnosuke, nearly caught up to them, Celty shrieked, causing her motorcycle to jump off the road and switch direction. Shizuo's jaw froze while they're on air, since the combination of the pull of gravity and every other forces intensifies the pressure put into them.

Kinnosuke looked for the nearest U-turn, not losing sight of them, while Celty continued to ride away, as she momentarily got lost to their original purpose. Along the while, Shizuo is trying to open his jaw properly.

When Shizuo finally moved his jaw, they are several meters away from the location they met the police. Celty turned around and didn't get a sight of him, so she relaxed a bit and rode with her average rush hour speed.

"Celty, we need to get back," Shizuo told her, reminding her that the direction they went is exactly to the opposite of where they should be going. Little did they knew that they're trailing another path to the right location.

"Is that so?" Celty typed on her PDA and showed it to him.

"Hmm." He nodded. "Don't worry, it seems that we lost him."

Swiftly, Celty manuevered her motorcycle and drove back as fast as she could. There was little time wasted during the chase, but every second is important.

When they got back to the main road, the policemen spotted them again. He went chasing them again, but trying not to be noticeable so the capture would be easier. He hid from truck to truck while not losing sight of the black bike.

-

[Kinnosuke's POV]

It's the black bike again! The notorious traffic rules breaker! I don't know, but for some reasons, I've develop a dislike for her. This does not normally happen when I catch someone for breaking the traffic rules. I give them a warning, and a note. I'll tell them that I'll put them to detention if they're caught again. The next time I see them in the road, they're very warry of the traffics signs and follow them obediently.