[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 23

[Omniscient POV]

As the audience warmly welcomes the fourth set of matchers. (F/n), above all her excitement, feels quite nervous. She thinks that her opponent doesn't believe she is a girl and he will not go easy on her.

After she saw how Varona and Mikage competed and hurt each other, she begins to think that more than just fun, the festival exists for people to hurt each other and satisfy those who are watching. Yet, her decision is torn between her eagerness to fight and the sadness she feels also because she thinks she'll be fighting a good guy. Although he is also considerable strong and fast, she would eventually hurt him.

(F/n) placed her right hand over her heart, telling herself to calm down. Chikage went to the stage first, only to be greeted by his fans.

"Kya!! Rocchin is out!" Non squealed loud enough that it reverberated in the place.

"Do your best! Fight, fight!" Kamichika and the others backed up. The Toramaru gang also made an uproar to cheer their boss.

In return, Chikage winked at the ladies and sent them a flying kiss, while he waved at his gang men.

Karisawa sighed. "Rocchin's a playboy as ever."

"You know him?" Kururi softly asked.

"Not really," Erika replied while scratching the back of her head. "Anri-chan and I bumped on him once before." Erika then noticed that Anri and her group did not come. "Oh, what a waste. Anri-chan's not here."

Mairu peeped through (F/n) shoulder to see what's going on the stage and he sees Chikage boldly flirting in the middle of everyone. She whistles loudly, startling (F/n). "Whew! That man's amazing! We can be good friends."

Freaked out, (F/n) stepped away from Mairu, only to be stopped by a strong palm on her back. She turned around to see who it was. "Shizuo-san..."

"Everyone is waiting outside. Do your best." He grabbed her shoulder tightly as a form of good luck, smiled at her, then pushed her out to the stage. (F/n) nearly stumbled but she got back on her feet before she can fall.

The audience's uproar weakens when they saw Chikage's opponent – a young woman. She's pretty although she's not stylish at all.

Erika rubbed her chin as she loudly thought, "So Rocchin's opponent is really a woman huh? I doubted it since Male Black Rider mentioned their names. Her's is not Japanese at all."

"She's capable," Kururi intervened with her thoughts. "She's the one who knocked out most of the men in the preliminary round like an untamed bull. That huge ball is also hers."

Erika scratched the top of her head. "That's amazing, though Rocchin has a weak side on women. This won't be a fight..." She noticed how Rocchin glared at (F/n) as soon as they were face to face."... or it will be."

He's definitely shooting daggers at her. His glare is frightening. That frown in his face doesn't help at all. (F/n) tried to act as normal as she could with all of these.

"Are prepared to get your cover blown, Mr. Cross-dresser?" he asked him in an intimidatingly low voiced that only the two them can hear.

"I'm telling you, I'm a girl!" (F/n) desperately tried to get her point across him, not shouting it loud.

"Even your voice is cross-dressed," he added in distaste. (F/n) slumped her shoulders due to his reverse compliment.

Togusa squinted at those two and noticed them arguing about something as their gestures suggests. "What are those two quarreling about?" he asked the otaku boy.