[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 9

[Reader's POV]

Ah, I'm back into my dark realm. It is black no matter where I look, pitch black. I can feel sand tickling my feet as a run faster and faster. No matter how far I went, it seemed like it made no changes at all. There are no exits; I'm locked by myself again. I remember dreaming like this when I was in the village, and now, that dream seemed to repeat itself. But it is more than that now...

I have a source of light and life, and that is myself. I have so many things I wanted to know, so many things about myself that no one can give me the exact answer to. It is hopeless...

The land beneath my feet suddenly vanished and submerged me into a dark cold pool I once saw fragments of my imagination, memories and feelings of déjà vu. I tried to recall what I saw last time. My sight is as clear as the day. As I think of the blonde-haired man who was with me earlier and imagine what I saw in this realm back then, it confirmed to me that it was really him! He was upset that I am back, but what did I do to get him upset?

There are other two people in the room: the four-eyed doctor who treated my wounds, and the female rider wearing black clothes who lent me some of her clothes. Where did I see them? They must be friends with the other guy? How are they related to the strong lady I helped just now.

And so, scenes I'm involved with came gushing into my head.

I was in a coffee shop, disguised myself as a customer who had an IT related work. I can see two of myself: myself as I am now in my dream, and myself through a huge screen I am watching from in front of me.

He grabbed my shoulder and the vibe I got from him was feisty, even just from watching. I, on the other hand, threw the vibe back at him, not something I would do as I am today.

A café staff interfered and calmed us down. That is where the first part of the show was cut off.

The next opened when I was being interrogated while tied down in a chair. There is this guy with short black hair who pulled a knife on me. Behind him is probably his assistant, a hospital medic who appears to care less about the situation. She is just standing there, not bothering to help me nor the man.

The man seemed to be fond of how I was struggling. A sadist? Is it what men like him are called?

The show was cut again and was resumed to the part where it was storming so hard and the blonde haired guy helped me to an apartment. I recognize the interior of the unit! It is where I was treated just now. That's right! And the two others are his friends, the two who were with us just now. And I tried to remove the rider's helmet, which is where the show was cut off again.

It resumed when I was running away from the apartment unit in the night. With this incomplete fragments of memories, I really can't tell what happened to me. I haven't seen Chikara-san and Mirae-sama after watching this long. My clothes in those memories appear to be contemporary as well. And it is confirmed that I am really different from ordinary citizens, may it be that I live in the village or in Ikebukuro.

I was running very fast without looking to where I was going and stumbled on something where I lost consciousness. Then, I regained consciousness on a seemingly odd place. An odd couple towered over me while performing a surgical operation. There are one, two, three, four... four people behind the scene. They were far away I couldn't recognize them at all.

At the moment, my vision in that scene blurred and the next part that was showed is when the blonde haired man was with me again, telling me not to go. If I insisted, he will forget about me. I could feel the sorrow I could have felt if it was really me there. But there is nothing I can do to ease the feeling I was feeling right now. It was so very sad, even if I have the lady and the two kids by my side. I really loved Malana, Aaron, Mirae-sama, and Chikara-san, but they can never fill the emptiness in my heart. And apparently, the way I am now, I couldn't fill it as well, not knowing what ingredient would be sufficient to patch that hole within me...