[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 12

[Normal POV]

"Wait for me!" (F/n) shouted, catching up to Varona who just walked out of her unit the next morning. When (F/n) woke up, she was alone. There wasn't any food left, and when she peeked out the window, she saw Varona just closing the gate.

"What's is it?" Varona asked, half-smiling to (F/n) who rushed out of the unit, still in pajamas, reeking of cushions, and filled with bed head. "Go back and rest some more."

"I don't want to stay alone here," the protagonist replied, sounding so stubborn. "I'm going to get bored. I promise that I won't cause you trouble."

"But if you faint like you did yesterday, it will be very troublesome to me," the blonde answered.

"I don't have a fainting spell," the girl in pajamas defended. "I was just hungry and tired and that's all!"

"...Alright, alright! You want to come, right?" Varona finally let her go with her and that made (F/n) smile widely. "Why are you still not dressed up?"

"I'll just wear my clothes yesterday. I don't have a spare so wait a second." (F/n) rushed back upstairs, not bothered by her injuries unlike normal people. If she doesn't mind it, she can move normally.

The blonde tried to stop her and lend her clothes again, but she realized that she, herself, does not have a lot of clothes as well, so she just let the other re-wear her clothes.

(F/n) tied her hair in a single knot instead of a ponytail this time and she wore the black clothes like how Celty wears them. Then, she rushed down, carrying a smaller pack of stuff instead of her big dirty bag she left upstairs.

"So where are we going now?" asked (F/n)

The blonde answered, "To my friends..."

The two went to Dennis and Simon's Russian sushi restaurant. (F/n) was delighted when Simon served her abalone and sushi. Simon was also entertaining to her and much warmer than Varona. His smile reached his ears although it made him look a little scary.

"Aw. What are these cute little rolls?" (F/n) asked with sparkles in her eyes. "This is the first time I saw these." She used one of the chopsticks to stab the sushi and put it in her mouth.

"Those are sushi. Originally Japanese, but we have the Russian version," Simon replied, not noticing (F/n)'s face starting to get pale as she started to sweat coldly.

"W-what are these things made of?" she asked while chewing. Varona on the other hand did not mind entertaining (F/n) and the others and just quietly ate her share.

"Raw fish," Dennis said while rolling some more fish.

(F/n) quickly swallowed the food and munched the rest in the plate, finishing her food and giving her plate to Simon while forcing a smile. "Your food was great. Thank you."

"Would you like some more? It's on our hous-" Simon smiled a close-eyes smile. Neither he nor Dennis recognizes (F/n) due to the plastic surgery that was once performed to her.

"I'm fine. Thanks. I'm all good..." (F/n) cut him off.

Since there are only few customers, Simon stayed with Varona. "It is rare for Varona to bring anyone here. So you must be an acquaintance, right?"

"Um, yes," (F/n) replied. "And you must be her friends."

"Correct!" He exclaimed happily. "We taught her martial arts."

"Are you two also part of a gang?" (F/n) asked them with her eyes wide from surprise.

"Hmm..." Simon rubbed his chin. "I won't call it exactly a gang, but we used to work to some sorts of organization like that, but now, we just run a restaurant. That's that. Happy eating."