[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 6

[Izaya's POV]

Gee. (F/n) is being too stubborn. It's been weeks and days, and probably even more than a month since we last talked. If Mairu did not disillusion (F/n), I could have gotten her. Actually, I think (F/n) is in her right thinking. But I still wanted a woman for myself.

I'm getting tired of just playing with Shizu-chan and fawning over human beings and their fears. I wanted a different kind of thrill. (F/n) has it all. She rode different kinds of thrill her entire life. Even she herself had become a thrill.

If she becomes too desperate, she'll grab the glass' sharp side and take on my bait. I can have her as my own human, someone to play with anytime. It's not a normal play, though. She will become more like a play thing. I want to know if she could possibly fall for me and I want to see what a woman in love with me can do for me. I won't fall in love with her, though. I've long decided to love humanity for the rest of my life.

But I am seriously getting tired of this. I can't shrug (F/n) off my mind. I went such lengths to look after her and man, it's both expensive and time consuming. But it is fun to push her to her debts. Simply put, I like her... not as a person, but as a human. She is human, just like Shizu-chan.

I felt something strongly vibrating in my fur coat's pocket and slid my hand inside to pick my phone up. I looked at the unregistered number before I answered the call, "Oh, right! Who must this be?"

"It is me," the woman said. My eyes widened as I recognized that voice. I've been spending my time in the park just walking around since morning because I didn't have anything to do. Now, it's dawn. I felt a grin spread on my face.

I stretched a little and made my voice firmer. "So, you have finally decided, (F/n). I was waiting for you. I thought you'd never call."

"Meet me at XXXXX's building rooftop right now," she said urgently. Her voice sounded like she drifted away her phone and was about to end the call.

"Hold on, (F/n)," I stopped her. "How sure are you that I am not going anywhere?"

She didn't reply right away, but I sense that she put her phone back to her ear instead of ending the call. (F/n) probably remembered that she was the one in need and has no right to hang her phone up on me. "Are you?"

"Well, no. I'm meeting you up now," I said to her dismissively and hung the phone. Because I don't appreciate being hung up upon, I'd rather hang up on someone than wait for them to do it.

I took my time leisurely as I tread my way. It was dark when I got in the meeting area. As I opened the door, I notice her looking down from the rails of the famous suicide destination. I snuck up to her and whispered, "You called me so that you could end your life together with me, then."

She flinched then moved away. "You're late," she said, half angry and half holding back.

I was rendered silent. "You called me here to confess, then you get mad at me for being late?" I taunted her. "I could just dump you."

"Get serious with me!" (F/n) snarled, having no time for my lame jokes. It hurts to admit it. "Take me to where Shizuo is."

I could see the fire in her eyes. That is the spirit. Those are the eyes of someone who refuse to stoop low and ask help from the enemy lair, but ends up asking for it anyway. But there's more to it. Those are the demanding eyes of a girl who plays unfairly. She gets what she wants, then leaves. It's for her own good anyway. I just like messing up with the people I like.

A smirk crept on my face, but my eyes are not smiling. "Don't be hasty (F/n). You've chosen a good location to start with."

"What?" she asked, confused. What I said probably didn't make any sense to her. I just rolled my eyes and motioned her to follow me as I jumped from one roof to another, each move bringing danger like one of my legs is already buried in the hard soil.