[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 8

[Claudia's POV]

Amazing! This power coursing through my body might be enough to drag me insane. It's a shame (F/n) couldn't utilize this power to the fullest. Had she known how to use properly, she could've taken her man, destroy my hideout, and scoot.

However, I think (F/n) is being so soft, wanting to be fair and even putting her feet on my shoes just because she can fit. It makes me sick! I knew it; these two lovers make me sick!

But they are still simpletons. A little fear and trick behind made them fall into my trap. They're early, still lacking experiences.

While I watch Tatsu-kun teach (F/n) the art of being a true Berserker and protector, I train myself as well. I hide in the shadows, but I've been in the village all the time, assuming a disguise. No one ever noticed me, so I'm completely in a shadow.

Being granted youth and a second life using (F/n)'s body in exchange of mine is a huge reward for all the things I've done to abstain from any kind of pleasure and luxury. In fact, I can live being (F/n) my entire life, pretending and having friends and a lover. But that is wasted on me. I'm tired and sick of all the fakeness the world and its people has shown to me.

I will be happier if I can just destroy everything that wronged me, especially those who wronged the man I ever loved. With (F/n)'s body as the greatest sacrifice, I can give life to hundreds of those who suffered painful and regretful deaths. (F/n) was the only exception among Tatsu-kun's lab rats. She's the only one who had a good life. Why did it have to be her? Why not me from the very start? And how could you, Tatsu-kun, after having succeeded in your berserker experiment, failed to accomplish your revenge?! Because of you, I will have to do the revenge!

I hate to admit that I am glad you died. Tatsu-kun, you weren't the man who I ever loved anymore. The Tatsu-kun I loved all my life is long dead. It was a grave mistake to attempt to revive you with a taboo spell. I was stupid enough to realize that when everything's too late and I've come to hate you, Tatsu-kun.

I have no regrets. Perhaps, this is the only thing I could do best for the man I love. Maybe, this should be something I did in the first place. I am a witch, a very strong witch. I can ignite a revolution with just a short spell. But I learned it in my book within the ten years you casted me out. There's no point in living a life full of hatred, angst, and revenge. If I die, (F/n) dies, too. It's killing two birds in one stone. This way, I can be reunited with the man I truly love and I can appease myself and forget my envy to the woman.

I walked a few silent steps to the blonde man I used to get (F/n). Bending down at him, I opened his eye and checked if he is really unconscious. I can feel inside me that (F/n) is strong about the deal. I can no longer cast a spell on the man, otherwise she fights back. Although I sent her unconsciously trapped within her own body, it doesn't mean that she'll remain unconscious even if I broke the deal. That is how strong (F/n)'s soul is, one thing I also didn't have.

"Tch." I bit my lip. Even though I have them both slide on my greedy fingers, I still hate to admit that (F/n) is a much better woman than I am. But I can't afford to waste more time.

The black haired man from earlier, I shouldn't have let him go. Sooner or later, the reinforcements will come. I have to make haste and vacate my own premises. Besides, this time in the night is perfect to execute my long awaited plans, especially since people have their guards down at night.

I grabbed the weapon my body has and threw it outside the window. Having a poisonous weapon with my own body might be a threat to my existence since killing my own body is the same as exorcising my soul to nothingness. Bringing a poisonous weapon with me will interfere with my magic later on. Bringing my body with me can also interfere as my body, without doubt, will keep trying to absorb my soul back.