[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 25

[Reader's POV]

The man chuckled as he wiped his handkerchief on his face. "Man, copying someone else identity is so lame. Just because my sister Mairu told me not to come and Shizu-chan is here too, I have to hide my identity. Playing as Male Black Rider is fun, though."

I raised my brow. Whoa! This guy is surely a talkative one. He's weird... Then suddenly, I remembered the man from Dr. Kishitani's story. Orihara Izaya... that is the name of Shizuo's rival! He's the one who ordered the assassin to kill Shizuo-san... And wait, did he just call me (F/n) (L/n)? As in the assassin (F/n) (L/n)?!

I drew back from him, confused, and somehow, afraid. The man looked dangerous, no- he is really dangerous. He's fine killing people. "What do you need from me?" I asked him while I look at him like he's a very suspicious man.

"No need to be on guard, (F/n). I just came to see you," he said as he opened both arms to his side and then he dropped them. His smile disappeared and he started to look serious. I backed away even more, holding my hands tightly to my chest. Then he said, "I'm also here to collect your debt."

"Wha-? Look, I don't know anything about what you're saying! I am Leena Prestn! I am not (F/n)!" I argued, worrying about my current situation. I couldn't get away to ask for help, nor I can just destroy the place to flee. "I'm sure you got the wrong person."

He suddenly started walking around me. "Did I? As far as I can remember, you lost your memories just a year ago. Was it really lost... or you're pretending to lose it so that you can start a better life?"

I gasped. I couldn't answer that question. I couldn't think of the right thing to tell this man so he'll just shut up.

"This place is isolated..." he said as he continued to roam around here, "Don't be afraid; I won't leave you alone."

"I don't want to be here..." I muttered to myself as I saw the man bring out his pocket knife and started playing with it.

"People who forget their memories don't totally forget them. They appear in dreams..." he told me as he folded his knife and kept it on his pocket. He got near me to observe my reaction. I'm sure he noticed because that time, I had flashbacks of what happened in my dream. I couldn't deny what he is saying to me. "You were in a dire pinch and I helped you get out of it. I worked a lot, you know," he said as he leaned back.

I still couldn't totally believe what I dreamt of. It is just a dream, I couldn't be sure that it really happened. I refuse to believe everything until I remember them as my own true memories.

"Even now, I've always kept an eye on you, the Berserker, Protector of the Archen Hannes village," he said strongly. "I know everything about you... what you were before and what you've been doing this past year."

He knows who I am before? I shook my head vigorously. I want to know, yet I don't want to. Orihara Izaya is a dangerous man. How can I just believe what he says? How much truth does he say? Is he pretending to know me because he has some ulterior motives?

"This debt you are talking about... I can give you half my prize as down payment. Tell me if you need more," I told him, assuming that money can make him shut up.

"Oh no," he said, waving his hands fast in front of me while shaking his head. "Your debt cannot be paid by money. It is a debt that you can pay with your life."

My eyes dilated upon hearing this. "There is no way that I'll pay a debt with my life which has no proof at all!" I nearly shouted at him and muttered to myself, "Even if there's a proof, I won't give you myself."