[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 3

[Normal POV]

"What a nice mentor-protégé conversation," a man hiding in the dark muttered after he listened to Leena and her mentor's conversation. He sat on the tree branch behind the small wooden cottage, adjacent to the window is open to the young adult's room. He hid himself perfectly out of sight.

He grinned at this. "Our hard work payed off," he said to himself, "Surely, boss will be delighted to know that after a year of non-stop searching, we, no – I finally found (F/n)."

Happy about his accomplishment, he didn't notice that his voice got a little louder. As if the girl heard what he said, she straightened her spine and peeked out of her window. "Is someone out there?" she asked uneasily as if she were hearing ghosts. She looked around and didn't find anything or anyone outside. Satisfied, she closed her windows.

He sighed. "That was an almost," he muttered. "I'm going to have a heart attack; my boss told me not to let myself get seen." He is also relieved that the moment she peeked out, her mentor got out of her room and it will not further cause him trouble."

"I cannot wait any longer," he said to himself determinedly, "I shall call my boss now."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and scrolled on his contacts until he almost reached the bottom of it. Looking at the contact with the letters all in bold, he pressed on it and the phone started ringing. "I wonder what his reaction will be..." he wondered, giggling to himself.

-

[Reader's POV]

"That was strange..." I told myself. Was I hearing things or was someone really out there?

I walked to my window again and slightly opened it to peek outside and look around. There really wasn't anyone out there. I could only hear owls, bats, and frogs outside.

Well, whatever! If that is someone with a bad intention, he probably know that he can't get away unscathed... or if he's a pervert who wanted to watch me sleep, I can just cut his head off if he have the guts to get inside my room.

Anyway, Chikara-san left before I started hearing this. Now that he's gone, I can start staring at the cut out pictures I have again. He knows about them already and the fact that he let me go to Ikebukuro is still confusing to me. I feel more at ease looking at the pictures without him around.

I heard a knock, a soft knock on my door just as I started fantasizing about living in Ikebukuro. "Come in!" I called out.

The door slowly creaked as it opened. The two kids peeked inside. I smiled as I gestured them to seat next to me on my bed. Their scared expression brightened as they hurried inside and sat beside me. I'm sandwiched between them when they hugged me.

The door was still open; they forgot to close it. "You two forgot to close the door," I said as I walked to the door to close it. Looking at the expression on their faces, I worriedly asked what I suspected, "Were you two outside while Chikara-san and I are talking?"

The kids nodded. "Were sorry for eavesdropping," they said in an apologetic sync.

I tilted my head a bit on the side. "You know eavesdropping is bad." I walked back and sat between them, hugging them both and ruffling their hair. "Tell me what you heard."

"We're worried about you when you left us earlier in the dinner, so we followed you," Malana explained.

Aaron continued for her. "But Chikara-san was so fast and serious, he went past us and got into your room before we did."