[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 21

[Normal POV]

Male Black Rider brought in a cup with 8 popsicle sticks and put it atop the table. "Well then, each of you have to take a stick. The person who picks the popsicle stick with the same shape as yours will be your first opponents. Please come here one by one."

That being said, everyone started to take turns in getting popsicle sticks and turning them in to the referee for enlisting. They are very organized. The first one to take a stick is Kadota, followed by Kuronuma.

Aoba held his stomach tight after returning to his place and taking a good look at everyone. He mutters softly to himself. "Ow, oww, ouch... I'm so nervous alone, my stomach is aching..."

"Oh! The nee-san from earlier!" Mairu exclaimed upon seeing (F/n) on the waiting room, jumping on her. "I knew it! You'd be here!"

"I won't expect less from you as well," (F/n) happily retorted to her. The truth is, (F/n) is quite uncomfortable with Mairu's overly familiar personality towards her, but it is not that she'll push her away. (F/n) just finds the best things to say, though she's confused towards Mairu.

"You're really strong, nee-san!" Mairu complimented, gleaming at her. "That huge ball from earlier, that's your doing, right?"

"Yeah. You saw me do that?" says (F/n). Mairu nods twice, then she veers her attention to Varona. "You too, pretty miss. You we're awesome back there."

"Thanks," Varona flatly said. By that time, Chikage and Mikage have already taken their picks. (F/n) took her pick after Mairu stopped paying attention to her.

Mairu suddenly turned to Shizuo. "Shizuo-niisan! I didn't see you fight at all!" she told him, disappointed. Shizuo had just gotten his pick and Varona did as Mairu turned to Shizuo.

"You really had the time to watch others fight while people are fighting you off the stage, huh?" he commented to her because she is a busy one, multi-tasking in her fights.

"I wanted to see for myself how strong the person Iza-nii is bragging to us," she said to him. "Even I might piss myself."

"It's not something you want to see," Shizuo replied, pausing shortly to process what she just said, then he retorted to her statement, "Should a girl like you say something like that?"

"Um, young miss, it's your turn," the Male Black Rider called, but Mairu is so busy that she didn't notice him calling to her. He called louder, "Little miss!"

Finally, he reached Mairu. "Yes, yes! Sorry," she said as she hopped towards him and got the last stick, probably thinking that it should be fine even if she won't come since it's already the last. Then, she returned it to the referee for listing.

After Mairu got her pick, the referee announced the matches. "First match: Kuronuma Aoba-kun vs Orihara Mairu-san!"

"Aww, I wanna fight Shizuo-niisan or the new nee-san first," the girl wearing glasses mutters to herself, then rubbed her chin. "Wait! This is my chance to show Kuronuma-kun the better fit for Kuru-nee." Then, she grins.

Aoba stiffened. "Why is it like this?" he probably thought.

"Second match: Heiwajima Shizuo-san vs. Kadota Kyohei-san."

"Eh?!" Kadota and Chikage shrieked at the same time.

"Kyohei will be fighting me," Chikage boldly says, "We decided it together."

"Is it possible if I swap my position with someone else?" Kadota supported his friend. "The audience doesn't know yet and you don't mind, do you, Shizuo?" he said, facing the blonde man.