Denoument - Ending - Finale - Grand Finale

[Reader's POV]

That was the night where finally, I know that nothing can tear us apart. The Berserker case is closed since Chikara-san and Claudia-san are both dead, sadly. I really hope they can meet in the afterlife so that at least, they'll have their happily ever after.

That being mentioned, I am powerless and back to who I was before, a woman skilled in using traps that rely on her sharp survival instincts. Of course, I won't be an assassin anymore. After all, I'm in love- what I mean is that I have my own job! Hahaha! What was I thinking?

Shizuo asked me to start our relationship over and I was overwhelmed. I agreed right on the bat. He apologized sincerely for all the trouble he had caused me and our friends. I apologized back to him because I know that I am the one who dragged the events to happen. He gave me a butterfly necklace, saying it's his gift for my birthday which he didn't have the chance to give. I accepted it and we kissed. After which, since we're still both exhausted and beaten to a pulp, we fell in deep sleep.

Heh? Nothing much to expect? I always thought that my life is full of adventures, which makes me different from all the other ladies. Indeed, I was full of adventure. I always get myself into trouble, and my troubles include partial amnesia. I always forget who I am, but strangely knew how to speak to and understand people.

When we woke up, Malana and Aaron were the first to greet us. They came running at our room, while being chased by Tom-san.

"Big Sis (F/n)! Big Brother Shizuo!" the kids yearningly shouted so early in the morning. They sound worried and they really missed us.

"Wait, you two! Let them rest!" Tom tried to stop the two.

The two suddenly jumped on us and the impact was very painful. They toppled Shizuo and I over the bed and we both couldn't get up because of our injuries as well. Our injuries are mostly burns, and they insanely hurt I almost felt tears build up on my eyes.

Unable to stop the children, Tom lost his balance when he hit the bed and he fell on top of us. Ticked by this incident, Shizuo kicked him to the wall. "Get off me!"

Shinra got out of his room, yawning, wearing only his shirt and shorts. "Children are surely lively so early in the morning," he said, then he noticed Tom-san sitting on the floor. "Are you alright?" he worriedly asked as he gave Tom a hand and helped him up.

Tom nodded. "Thank you. Shizuo kicked me."

"Ah! Shizuo, you're already well!" Shinra exclaimed as he skipped towards the bed and stopped when he saw Shizuo's deadly glare. "My bad?"

Shizuo sat up straight on the bed and the kids got off, finally. "My body is a hundred times stronger than a normal person. It's natural that I can move now."

For a moment, I envied him. I used to be just like that.

Just as Celty came out of her room, the doorbell rang. She went to the door and opened it. It was Mirae-sama. She arrived quite early.

"Granny!" The two children squealed as they jumped from the bed and ran to hug their grandma.

"Yosh. You two, did you sleep well? How are (F/n) and Shizuo?" she asked happily at the two.

"They're fine," Shinra answered the question with a smile and showed us to her.

Granny lost her cool and her mouth begun to shake as she suddenly hugged us, hurting us again, but we just let her. "I'm glad you're both okay! I'm so happy!"

"Yeah. Thank you for coming last night and taking care of the people," I said as she let go. "It was the hardest thing after the predicament."

"Oh no. It went quite well. You two took the hardest parts," she said calmly. "The people are unexpectedly cooperative. They're quite guilty for what happened with Chikara's attack since most of them are part of it. They figured that it won't end just like that and have prepared themselves in case the event happens once more but they were just caught off guard by the timing."