[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 20

[Normal POV]

The audiences that have entered near the stage are told not to cross the red border in order to minimize the casualties among the audiences. That space just below the stage is where the players might fall.

Celty, Shira, and Tom came close to the stage. They left Simon and Dennis to watch over the food stall. Simon himself said that he didn't want to see people fight up close so he'd rather stay at his place.

Shinra started to laugh soundlessly. Celty was surprised as he saw the dangerous glint on his fiance's eyes and his Cheshire cat smile. "What is it?" she asked through her PDA.

"I'm lucky today. More customers will come to my place," he replied while grinning.

Tom intervened, "Didn't we come here today to support Leena and the rest?"

"That is true, but Shinra is thinking about something entirely different. He won't snap," Celty replied to Tom through her device.

"Hmmm..." Tom looked up on stage and saw Shizuo, (F/n), and Varona together. Male Black Rider have not started announcing at this moment.

Excitement filled (F/n)'s eyes as she looked at strong-looking opponents. Then, (F/n) met Celty's and Tom's gazes and she waved at them.

"Good luck, you three!" Celty cheered on them, technologically, of course.

(F/n) called the attention of the other two to look at Celty and the others. Varona and Shizuo also received their good lucks from their avid supporters.

-

On one end of the stage, Chikage found Kadota, warming up and stretching before the fight. As Chikage showed himself at the edge of the stage, Non, Kamichika and the other girls went cheering for him. Kadota noticed the cheering more than Chikage himself approaching. "Do your best, Rocchin!" Non squealed.

"Ah, so you're here," Kyohei said, not looking at the person he was talking to.

"I think we should work together in beat the little fries..." the playboy suggested. "So that we can fight one-on-one again on the finals."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Kyohei agreed as he turned around. "I'll count on you to watch my back."

"Oh no, you will be watching my back." The girls started squealing again.

-

On the other end of the stage, Mairu found Kuronuma. "Kuronuma-kun," Mairu called him, serious faced. "Better not lose this round, okay? We better fight one-on-one for Kuru-nee's kiss, okay? Kuru-nee's definitely mine, though, okay?"

Kuronuma smiled awkwardly at her bubbliness. "If we match, that's entirely decided by fate, you know? And don't worry, Kururi-san's definitely yours, you know?"

"Hmph! Better be it!" Mairu said, pouting at him.

Kururi walked to find the two and found them quarreling at the edge of the stage. "Good luck, you two, Kururi said. "Better not fall out at the start!"

"Oh." The two went farther from the edge.

Kururi cupped her hands around her mouth and said, "Do your best!"

"Yay! Kiss me afterwards, okay, nee?" Mairu jubilantly replied. Aoba shook his head and disappeared in the crowd. When Mairu turned to look at him, he's already disappeared. "Eh? Kuronuma-kun? Where did you go?" She saw Mikage instead.

"Mairu, you're already participating this year?" she asked as if it is still too early for Mairu. "Back then, you're always cheering your brother from the audience."