[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 12

[Kinnosuke's POV]

"You gave me a hard time chasing you back then, but I didn't let you completely escape," I told her with a slight grin and noticed that she freaked out a bit since the black steam came off her helmet.

"We can explain everything that happened this far, especially what happened in this place," the blonde spoke, seemingly impatient and rushing. "But please let us leave for now."

"You may leave," I told them. The Black Rider was astounded, but she didn't say a word through her device. "I placed a tracking device on your bike and that device happens to have a recorder."

The blonde didn't flinch, knowing every word has been recorded. He is confident that their conversation is faultless.

"I've heard everything from my earpiece. I don't need any explanation coming from you," I said before walking further inside the warehouse to explore it. The three of them made their way out, but before then can completely leave, I told them, "She needs to be attended so bring her to the nearest hospital."

"We'll do that. Thank you," the bartender retorted, then they left.

As I looked around, I noticed that the fight I heard from my device was more intense than I imagined. I could have gotten here earlier if I didn't have to attend another business. Or maybe, if I caught the Black Bike on the way, I wouldn't end up here.

The other police barged in as I gestured them. They went inspecting the place as well.

-

--FLASH BACK—

Right after I refueled my motor, I turned on my tracking device and saw that the Black Bike is trailing the same road back. I immediately got on my bike and rode fast to the main road.

Sooner, the Black Bike appeared. It was faster than me, so I was left behind. The riders didn't notice me. However, during the chase, my phone rang. I ignored a few rings since I don't want to wait for the capture longer, I left it so long that it stopped. Relieved, I was able to focus more on the chase shortly after it rang again several times over and over. It should be something important, if it isn't my wife's call.

I snorted as I parked my motorcycle and answered my phone without looking at the name of the caller. "Hello?"

"Answer your phone faster! Dammit!" The man from the other line shouted loud enough that I had to move my phone away from my ears. I was also temporarily robbed of my sense of hearing. His voice was screeching and deafening.

I was not relieved that my wife isn't the caller. The fact that I made the head commander wait for my answer tensed me.

"I apologize, chief. I was in the middle of chasing a traffic violator," I humbly explained with the most apologetic tone. "I will answer my phone faster the next time."

"Geez..." he sighed from the other line. "The other police have been gathered. It's only you who they're waiting!"

"What is it exactly about, sir?" I inquired.

"The gangs have been causing trouble at the Section B Road," he explained. "The people complained and asked for help since the crash caused by the gangs blocked the road. They're even using weapons against each other."

"Please tell the others to go ahead of me. I'll catch up on them," I told him dismissively.

"Be there in 15 minutes or less," he said, agreeing with my word. Then, the line was cut off.

I turned my motor the other way and started driving to the accident area. I looked back one last time while I was driving, and the Black Bike was already far away.